No announcement yet.

England vs. France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Lampard scored the 1-0 England frickin ruined the game by playing with 10 defenders
    France is the only rightful winner, gg tho
    <3 Zidane, magical free-kick
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

France had the ball possession in the second half, but come on, they were standing still with and without the ball playing it sideways all the time. They had no freaking idea of what to do. England was the better team, they had like 0 mistakes in the defence up until 90 min.
      Even though, England gave away the win then in the end. I cheered for France the whole game though so I was happy

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPlums
        You don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Comment

Dude,
          imagine this: England - France but instead of the 1-0 lead for England, France scores first so it's 0-1. If France would have played the rest of the game like England did yesterday, tabloids in Britain would be puking on the French team. England get's what it deserves, let there be no doubt 'bout that
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

England did what Finland does in hockey the best.

Zizou for Mats Sundin of football.
            Original Mambonian
            TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
            I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

when hesky came on i said gg...we might aswell let them win.
              King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

James didnt have to make one save upto the goals, same can be said about the bald cunt in goals for france. Game of few chances, no team deserved to win. Saying that I had 2-1 france in the predictions.

Comment

I didn't think that was a great game at all. The goals were results of freekicks and penalties not crafted from a lovely open play move and not alot of good saves to be made. I found it enertaining because i know the 2 teams well but it wasn't a classic match.

England were really boring, and just attempted to get 10 men behind the ball and stop France playing. it was very negative football and was asking alot to defend under pressure for so long.. Perhaps in the last 5-10 minutes not 30.

France had alot of possesion in the England 1/2 but didn't create many scoring opurtunites. Their 2 goals were gifts from England.

In the end a draw would have been fair but i'm glad France won and perhaps next time England won't be so negative when they get a goal against a good team.

For being such a "great" player Gerrard did a schoolboy error, he didn't know or look to see who was between him and the keeper when he did his back pass. At the top level stupidity like that is punished and it was.I think his mistake was much worse than Heskey's as if you ask a forward to defend so deep they are going to mess up and put in bad tackles, you have to accept that or tell him to stay further up the pitch and try to knock the ball to him.
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Whoever said that England outplayed France was gangster trippin when they watched that match. For 30-40 minutes in the second half we were totally incoherant, could not string three passes together and had no desire to either.

The first half was very promising for an Englishman. While we didn't outplay the French in the centre of the park, we closed down the froggies brilliantly in our half and on many occasions forced the baguette fuckers to shoot from the edge of the area. Whereas up their end we did well creating space. In the past we have tended to race our wingers (and full backs) up the touchline and whip in a cross, which doesn't really work when your main attacking players in the team are all under 6 foot (Rooney, Owen, Scholes and Lampard). Yesterday we played very conservatively on the wings with Ashley Cole in particular rarely making it to the French penalty area which he is often found loitering outside for both Arsenal and England. However this could of been our downfall, especially down the right. On the left the garlic-breathed tosspots fielded Zidane and Lizarazu, Zidane being a copy of Scholes and abandoning his left flank (although a considerable amount more than Scholes) and Lizarazu who is their Ashley Cole, often found wanting defensively. In fielding Neville and Beckham on the right we may have played the two players with the best understanding between each other in the whole team, but Neville is a far more defensive player and Beckham's crosses aren't delivered from the corner flag but from not even parallel with the penalty area. We needed someone to attack the exposed incested French left side, someone like Owen Hargreaves could. We Should have taken off Lampard, shifted Beckham to his far more influential and favoured middle role where he's been playing all season and put Hargreaves on the right. Like Beckham he hasn't been playing there this season but he is far more inclined to run at the opposition and more often than not, beat them.

I thought Ledley King was a studmuffin extrordinaire. He was spectacular but he was solid which is exactly what is needed. Spectacular defenders will eventually get caught in possession or cock something up (see: any South American team). What you want from a defender first and foremost (footballing and defensive abilities taken for granted) is a presence. Someone to let the forwards know where their injuries will be sustained 30 mins in advance and what they think of their cooking. Secondly you need a cool head. Someone who when not under pressure will look for the best pass and deliver it, and someone who when under pressure wont try and dribble the ball to safety but fucking pelt it. Ledley King displayed all of those qualities as well as having a shot on goal I think? He needs to work on his partnership with Campbell a little more though as a couple of times Trezeguet managed to slip inbetween the two defenders, which is a problem as the guy in front of the defender wont know this as he has his back to him, and the guy behind him while facing him has to look out for the other centre-forward or any runs from midfield, and generally defend the edge of the six-yard area. Therefore communication is essential and obviously wasn't there or at least to the degree I'd like to see it.

Gerrard overcame the problem of facing Vieria in the middle of the park by not tackling him but tackling everyone else, likewise for Vieria. Therefore both had a large amount of possession and especially in Gerrard's case, put it to good use.

Owen was anonymous. Half marked out of the game by the fucking froggy bastards as he couldn't find that extra half yard on the defender to recieve the pass, and half just off form as he is usually quite capable of coming forward to recieve the ball and then putting it in the mixer, before getting back in there himself. Therefore the substitution for Heskey seemed a good decision (had he not of given away that free kick), someone to knock the defenders back and stay around the edge of the area, holding them off and recieve the pass from midfield before delivering the ball to the man in space, the final link in the chain which was missing against France. It wasn't that our midfield didn't have the insight to deliver a through ball its just the Makelele had it covered.

Another textbook performance from David James, half brilliant shot-stopper (and what a throw to Gerrard) and half Calamity James, but thats what we've come to expect isn't it?
                    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 06-14-2004, 06:01 PM.
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                      the substitution for Heskey seemed a good decision
                      And there goes your entire argument

(EDIT: good post tho :P)

Comment

Which team is Beckham on?
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Beckham is our El Capitano
                          Originally posted by Facetious
                          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                          X