Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro

My Dad has a disk entitled "Windows XP Pro Re-Installation disk"

It says that it's for reinstallation only, does this mean I won't be able to use it to upgrade this PC to Pro or is that just legal crap?
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

who cares about legal crap, but it probably wont upgrade it, or maby it would. just try it and see what happens.
    Like, there was this ninja who got
    ticked off at some people who kept
    talking while he was trying to rock
    out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
    flipped out and sang at them till
    they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

It depends but it's probably set up to only work on the PC it came with.
      sdg

Comment

Just download win xp pro + service pack 2, and get a program that allows you to customize you a win xp pro installtion cd + service pack 2. I had my cd going at 250 mb, or something.. but I didn't work.. my friend had a 150 mb xp installation cd included with sp2.. but he took away too much, so the cd didn't work.

I don't remember the what the program was called, I might get you the name if you are intrested. After you made the CD you have this other program, virtualPc or something, that makes a virtual pc you your computer.. with a own hdd (a folder of you choice) mount the cd image you made with the program I don't remember the name of, boot, install windows, if you get all installed without any faults, your good to go, the cd works.. so much fun.. And you can make all ready, cd- key, name of cpu, admin pass.. etc.. its like pop cd in, install, after awhile, wuump, win xp installed, ready to go. :P Though you might want to install some anti-virus progs etc..
        Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Just put it in the drive.
          If we than dont see you anymore for 7 days, we know it wasn't a good idea.
          Good luck.
          7:Barton> hi tats
          7:Barton> still no smod?
          7:Barton> :(
          7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
          7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
          3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Anduril.
            Just put it in the drive.
            If we than dont see you anymore for 7 days, we know it wasn't a good idea.
            Good luck.
            I quess it takes more then 7 days for you to install windows?
            Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Won't work.
              The computer that disk came with probably has a hidden partition with the XP installation (.cab) files or an image file on it. The disk uses the file(s) on that partition to reïnstall the pc.
              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Well well, atlast someone asked about XP Pro eh. Anyhow, try putting the CD-ROM in while you're windows is already loaded up. And if it doesn't start up, go to My Computer and open it up from which ever drive you put it in. And run the Setup.exe if there is one, if there isn't I need to know what there is. But if there is a Setup.exe, run it and see what options it gives you, for example: New Installation, Upgrade, etc.
                Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
                Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
                Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
                Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
                Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Comment

Working...
                X