Lag Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag Issue

I got DSL about 2 weeks ago, and it pinged at a steady 110-120 ms. A week later, it goes up to a stable 160-170 ms (no packetloss or anything) without a particular reason.

I tried tracing some of the zones, and all the ip's traced were pinged pretty quickly and they all appeared within a second or two.

However, when I attempted pinging TW, it paused on IP # 12 and IP # 13, where it procrastinated for a few seconds and then skipped both, one at a time, leaving only '...' instead of the ip string or hostname.

It's the only zone that pings higher than 120 ms, the others are either 90 or 120. 17th parallel has the same ping actually, but that's because both 17th and TW share the same IP address.

I figure maybe there are some temporary technical difficulties in some area that my connection goes through which causes the issue? Or perhaps someone has a better explanation for it?
    Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
    7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
    7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
    7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

hopone.net strikes again?
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Yup.

Comment

What's that?
        Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

a crappy router.. it affects a lot of people

Comment

Well I traced TW from my university and some of the domains said hopone on them, (they were packetlossed), but my connection here doesn't go through any.

What really annoys me is that it's only this one zone that is giving me this; all the others are at 90 or 120 ms. And with this 170 ms, I'm pretty much about 10 ms less than my old 56k, which makes it almost worthless. I just hope whatever caused it dissipates again within a week or two.

Comment

Ok .. Im gonna lead you through this process:

Step 1) Turn off your pc
              Step 2) Plug out your modem
              Step 3) Turn on your pc again
              Step 4) Go to your Configuration Panel and go Internet Settings or something like that
              Step 5) Look at your modem and look up the mark name and the serial number
              Step 6) If it's starting with a "S", you're lost.. than I can't help you any further. If not, go to Step 7.
              Step 7) Put on a song from the Smashing Pumpkins.. or best would be Pennywise - Bro Hymn Tribute
              Step 8) As soon as the "woooooohohohohooooo" part is starting, you start kicking your modem
              Step 9) When the song is over, turn off your pc again
              Step 10) Plug in your modem really carefully again
              Step 11) Your modem will work fine now.

Try it out, Im not kidding.. I did with my modem aswell and it worked fine afterwards. No tnx for the help.
              7:Barton> hi tats
              7:Barton> still no smod?
              7:Barton> :(
              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

....kicking my modem ?????

Comment

Working...
                X