Java n00b Development stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java n00b Development stuff

Ok, I'm getting into Java. Me and my friend wanna get creating small games such as ponglet etc that we can host on a site. Anyway, I was just looking for advice on free easy game creation tutorials, and the best free java development kits. I am currently downloading Sun Java Software Development Kit - Standard Edition, is this the best kit to use?

What's your recommendations? Hook a brother up.

Well that download was a bloody waste of time.

Comment

i use Sun's JDK 4.2 i think it is.

Comment

You should download JBuilderX Foundation (or better still Enterprise, and crack it...). It comes with the latest SDK, and it's a pretty decent IDE.
        Alternatively you could check out Eclipse. It's an OpenSource project, freeware and it's pretty decent also. Doesn't come with the Sun SDK though, so you'll have to download that seperately.

Are you familiar at all with Java? Because I can tell you right now, it's not going to be easy programming a game servlet. Even a seemingly basic game like pong will be quite the challenge. If neither one of you are solid in Java you're definately aiming abit too high I'm affraid.
        Last edited by Fallen Angel; 10-08-2004, 06:30 PM.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Yeah I realise that, I'm just starting on small applets fisrt anyway. Thanks for the info, I downloaded jBuilder.

Comment

Working...
          X