Warcraft III with Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft III with Router

I know most of you have played Warcraft III and perhaps can relate to this, but ever since I've had my router (Linksys) I haven't been able to host games. Hosting games could make things a lot more convenient, but I guess the router won't allow it. I've gone to the tech support on the Blizzard site SEVERAL times, but they are simply no help. Perhaps someone that knows their way around the Linksys setup (accessible on IE or what not) can help me here... I reall don't even know where to start.

I'm no tech wiz. But I believe your problem is the router. Get rid of it.

From past my experiences, you can't host because you're using your router's IP and not your ISP's IP..I dunno..someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Go to the router setup, click the Applications/Gaming link that you see on the router's home page. If you don't see an Applications/Gaming link, look for an Advanced link. If you see that, click it and then click the Port Forwarding link.

In the first row of boxes, put the following:

Application - (whatever you want to call it, i.e. "Warcraft III")
      Start - 6112
      End - 6112
      Protocol - TCP
      IP address - the last three numbers of your computer's IP address. To find out what those numbers are, follow these steps:

- Click Start
      - Click Run
      - Type cmd (Windows 2000 and XP) or command (Windows 95, 98 and Me) in the Run box, then click OK
      - When the black box comes up, type ipconfig and hit Enter. The computer's IP address will be listed.

Make sure the enable box is checked in the settings, then save them.
      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut
        I'm no tech wiz. But I believe your problem is the router. Get rid of it.

From past my experiences, you can't host because you're using your router's IP and not your ISP's IP..I dunno..someone correct me if I'm wrong.
        Hahaha, I wish I could do that, but my wife brings her laptop home from work/school each day, and when my niece and nephew come to stay with me, they bring computers of their own.

I'll try that out Stab and tell you how it works. Oh would it be nice if it did

Comment

And it works! I had everything there that you said was supposed to be there, EXCEPT the last two/three digits of my ip address... all I had in the box was 1. That's what did it. Thanks.

Comment

You play normal Wc3, or TFT?

Comment

Tft

Comment

heres my solution....
                Take Warcraft III in you right hand......

Toss Warcraft III in a little round bin we all know as the the "trashcan".

Walk away

Dont even bother with your router.....that game is the biggest, flaming pile of supercrap there is.

Hasta!!
                xSliderx
                Marshmallow Marines
                "Arguing is like running in the special olympics...even if you win yer still retarded."

Comment

Umm Newbie?

Originally posted by xSliderx
                  heres my solution....
                  Take Warcraft III in you right hand......

Toss Warcraft III in a little round bin we all know as the the "trashcan".

Walk away

Dont even bother with your router.....that game is the biggest, flaming pile of supercrap there is.

Hasta!!
                  xSliderx

Out of all the warcraft series, WC# its tits, FT the expansion has added a ton of great features, not to mention the ladder online kicks ass, and yet have i seen anyone cheat on it, but still nothing compares to Doom 3 or Battle Field Vietnam $$$
                  Rox on Paul hope to see you around so i can pwn you in some wc3 also I play the 3 games ^^ and Final fantasy 11 look for da namE!!
                  :mad: Ravished :mad:

Comment

Meh, custom games are ok, till youve played them all 10,000 times. There are never any new ideas, only hybrids of previous ideas. New games stopped popping up about the time Balins tomb came about. All thats left is playing others in the real game, and other games like AoM own warcraft in that department.

Comment

graphics

Originally posted by Gemfire
                      Meh, custom games are ok, till youve played them all 10,000 times. There are never any new ideas, only hybrids of previous ideas. New games stopped popping up about the time Balins tomb came about. All thats left is playing others in the real game, and other games like AoM own warcraft in that department.
                      Graphics really suck on aom, i guess its a good game, but its not for the graphics guru
                      :mad: Ravished :mad:

Comment

Working...
                      X