Windows XP Program Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Program Grouping

you guys know when you have like a bunch of word documents (for example) open at once and XP automatically groups them all together.

what i wanna do (if possible) is make it automatically group all instances of a program if there are even 2 (or more) of it open at once.

i got like lots of torrents downloading right now and i got a pretty big resolution and they wont group together and it's just quicker if you can get them to group automatically so i can get to the other programs im actually using a lot quicker without even thinkin about it.

any help would be appreciated,

sorry meant to post this in technical support... it's nearly 2 AM, guess im not thinkin clearly. feel free to move it wadi/zeus/any other forum mod.

my mistake

Comment

Right click on the taskbar at the bottom. Hit properties. Check "Group similar taskbar buttons".

I hate that feature though. If you're using a lot of torrents you would be better off using a multi-torrent client like ABC.
      sdg

Comment

that feature is already selected... it just does it when u have too many programs on ur taskbar... it doesnt automatically group when u have more than one instance (with extra space left over)

thanks though

Comment

if you get Tweak UI, you can configure such settings and more.

once you install it go to Taskbar and Start Menu --> Grouping

from there you can choose to group least used applications first, or to group applications with the most windows, or to group any application with at least X windows (Default is 2).

enjoy
          i'm bored

Comment

thanks eRad, i'll try that :up:

nah, dont need any bittorrent clients.. i got a wicked alternate version of bittorrent that the brother of one of my friends tweaked. i just wanted to group em all on the taskbar without having to wait for xp to do it automatically.

Comment

Working...
            X