Help me get into TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me get into TW

I'm stuck at a college with shitty internet and can't get into TW. On the display thing that pops up when I double click continuum, all the zones show up green and I can see the players. The problem is that the ping ranges from 1500-6000 so I can't get in, except in A small warzone for some reason the ping is like 60.
    Last edited by Mattey; 10-23-2004, 12:13 AM.
    Mr 12 inch wonder

Do trace and find out which hop the lag is coming from

Edit:If it's the first one and your at college then your screwed.
    STARKITTY
    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Oh man, hopone is what's causing the ploss. I get like 88% ploss because of it. Am I fucked?
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
        Oh man, hopone is what's causing the ploss. I get like 88% ploss because of it. Am I fucked?
        damn right
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

i wish i knew what u were saying, but i don't. So I'll just nod my head and pretend to care.
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Tech Suppoooooort
            Greets,
            Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
              Tech Suppoooooort
              You're getting better and it ! Less boring not "Tech support" but "Tech suppooooooooort"!

excellent

Comment

I agree...I felt like he really *wanted* the thread to go Tech Support, not a half-hearted I'm just doing my job move. Bravo...

Mattey, if you have a router or something you might try debugging that, but I'm guessing you're probably plugged straight into the wall. I'd say 1) try talking to your techs at school and see if there's anything to be fixed and 2) try playing at a time when everyone on your floor isn't dl'ing the special pictures...like Monday morning from 6:30-6:35. It might be traffic/contention causing your problems.

Comment

As said, do a trace either with the client or some other program like WinMTR to see what hop causes that insane lag boost. If it's one of the local hops there might be something gained from talking to the tech support people there. Otherwise there really isn't anything to do.

Comment

Sounds like your school uses Packeteer, a packet shaping program. What it does is that it sits on the network and reads the packet headers and determines the bandwidth it should get. It's mostly used to stop people from using Peer to peer downloading programs like Kazaa, but it affects games too, like Subspace. You probably won't be able to do anything about it, besides paying for a personal ISP.
                    sdg

Comment

Personal ISPs are the way forward

Comment

Lame.
                        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Not much else you can do unless you can get them to turn off packeteer..

Are you even allowed games in school? lol i remember the last time i ran ss at college, lagged something chronic though
                          STARKITTY
                          A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Working...
                          X