Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menu Problems (Freezing when clicking on "View", "Resolution", etc..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Problems (Freezing when clicking on "View", "Resolution", etc..)

I had this problem once and I fixed it by re-installing my Display Drivers (For NVIDIA).

Main menu problems. When clicking on the main menu, Continuum freezes and needs to be terminated, and other problems occur such as invisible menu boxes when right-clicking on the desktop. This usually happens in computers that came with pre-installed Geforce drivers such as HP Pavillions.

To FIX this:
    1) Download the drivers from the manufacturer website. (www.nvidia.com). Do not run this program yet. Update the drivers may not fix this problem.
    2) Uninstall your device drivers. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs, Select "NVIDIA Display Driver" from the list. Select Uninstall All Display Devices. Windows will ask you to restart and the Display may change/run slowly because the OS is not completely using your Graphics card.
    3)Run and install the manufacturer drivers that yuo downloaded in step 1. This will ask you to restart the computer. Once the computer is restarted you can change the video settings as usual.

This should work...

Also, you should not install Windows SP2 on AMD 64 HP Pavillion computers. There are some freezing and sudden computer crashes that happen.

RADIOMARU

The new drivers will overwrite the old ones, so there is no need to remove the old ones first unless you have bought a new GFX card by a different company.

Comment

Actually it doesn't work in this case. For some reason the drivers are not completley overwritten.

Comment

Actually Peanuts in any case it is always better to remove than install especially when you're dealing with errors or corrupted drivers.

Comment

I added sourthyme's post to the new tech problems solutions thread I made.
          sdg

Comment

Meh, Don't ask me

Comment

Working...
            X