• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annux

Originally posted by Seize
    hey Annux, u read any Anton Levay?

-C's

Not a big fan of the Church of Satan...much more interested in Kurt Gödel...

Comment

I TOTALLY agree that something has to be done about Levi/Leviterr's. I think the best solution would be to make it so that they CANNOT attach to Terriers (make it like a 1000bty requirement or something).

Basing in pubs is lots of fun when you are trying to attack or defend the flag room with your entire team. The fun ends when the Levi/Leviterrs show up. It's completely fucking lame. You don't even have to know what you are doing to kill 100's of people (enemies or otherwise) and it's impossible to dodge the bombs.

There is also NOTHING more frustrating that being TKed in the flagroom by a levi. I don't do it often, but once or twice I've return TKed them out of sheer anger.

Anyways, as most people will agree, SOMETHING has to be done with Leviathans!

DOWN WITH LEVI'S!
      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Delectable
        levi's own you spider. they own tw. deal with it. if u cant beat em. join them
        You can do that, while you enjoy your ParmaBan, bizznatch.
        sage

Comment

What has levi to do with base again? Most of the time it hangs around in spawnzone, the other time it teamkills in flagroom. The excuse is that it's hard not to teamkill and you should try it. Bullshit! If you can't play levi without teamkill don't play it or get banned. It's so strange that mods let levis just teamkill.
          And why going to another zone if you want to base.. Trench wars is a basing zone, not a "flying around -to teamkill- and vulch the enemy and warp when in danger-zone"
          I say:
          - Two teamkills after report is warning + shipchange.
          - Greening on a pub-freq and after that switching to a private is
          spec....
          And a basing weekend should be 100% levi free publics and private freqs still allowed. Maybe a hosted zone where levis are still allowed during such weekends.

Earlier post on this subject:
          http://forums.trenchwars.org/forum/s...1&pagenumber=2
          Last edited by Zerzera; 07-05-2002, 06:18 PM.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Oh I don't know, I've gotten glorious hours of enjoyment from making LTs and levis shit themselves and whine at me You lameass cloaker, gtfo my LT", "GOD DAMN YOU PORTAL WHORE", etc etc etc. Basically, I've turned levi population control into a fun diversion when the base/spawn fills up with stupid lagbirds.

Do your part! Cloak a levi today!

Oh, and laugh when you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
              - Greening on a pub-freq and after that switching to a private is spec....
              Thats actually a good idea except there are too many players and not enought staff to monitor that sort of thing, those fuckheads know it so thats how they know they'll get away with what they do everytime.
              sage

Comment

Right, everyone else that's trying to base should move, adapting due to the interference of a few levi terrs.

Oh, and I'll do you the favour of not pointing out the fact that you are whining about people whining over a game. I wouldn't want to be blunt.

Comment

You see the reason ?go basing doesnt work is because it is ok once in a while but it's too impersonal. Usually in private basing you vote for terrs and the terrs pick every player and their ship and that always works best because the people know everyone's abilities. But besides that, ?go basing usually ends up being one basing game and everyone leaves, it woudl work alot better if it behaved like pub, just without levis, people could be a terr or a shark or what they wanted to be whenever. Pub has a dynamic element to it that ?go basing will never have with a bot there making it just a hosted game, and if it's going to be just one game, it's always best that how players end up on teams depends on the players, not on some bot. With the bot things get very uneven very quickly and that in itself kills it.

It's obvious people want pub without levs, I don't see what is so hard with providing one or two special pubs just for basing. But you fuckers know best we can't do nothing about it but look up at the glass ceiling while you fuckers focus on making more flashing lights continuum and keep the sheep preoccupied while you let down all of the real players who come to the zone for what the zone was meant for, and that folks, isnt your fucking ?go deathmatch, not your ?go gatez, hell only the 13 year old aliased finnish kids care about elim anymore. Trench Wars is all about basing, It seems only the players know this these days.
                  sage

Comment

you know it miggsy
                    Originally posted by Yoshiba
                    i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

You can't just nix Levs. As much as I dislike the way they often ruin basing, they are a part of TW. That said, I still beleive they need to be altered.

An LT is capable of being practically invincible. As discussed in the other forum, you need a minimum of three players to hunt an LT, as well as buying antiwarp.

Some of the suggestions I remember for altering the levs were:

Making them unnattachable or greatly reducing terr speed with lev attached.

Reduce/Nix reps, add rockets.

Decrease Radius, Increase Damage. Vice-Versa.

(Not sure if this one is possible) Drain the terr's energy while a lev is attached.

I forget the rest, feel free to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager

hell only the 13 year old aliased finnish kids care about elim anymore
                        Change the word "finnish" to "american". They r the worst whiners and lamers.
                        Originally posted by Diakka
                        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

i don't think staff (well, priitk i guess) will ever take complaints against levs seriously unless we pinpoint what it is we want changed and then all agree upon it. perhaps in the form of some lame petition or something.
                          also the less intrusive the change the more likely it would take place, so a simple change like upping the bounty to attach to 30 instead of 20 might have a better chance of being taken seriously than say, changing damage radius and damage amounts and repels and rockets all together.

Comment

Goliath what happy-drugs you take? You talk absolute nonsense. What was the last time you played? Did you ever play in pub? Did you try to play hosted base at any given time? What asset is a levi when he teamkills? Setting up a private arena you need to have at least 8 people online that want to do the same at the same time.
                            Thrench Wars is a basing zone, not chase the LT zone.
                            Don't talk shit that levi's are newbies, cause most of them become Elite levis and because -as LT- they are to strong the Levi population is rising.
                            Just now I left from subspace because FOW_Fuckstar or whatever kept blowing his teammates up, I reported him but he keeps on going.... No mod ever does anything about a levi that teamkills 4 teammates to kill the enemy ter... Well if that is basing... What you guys say is all become levis and levters to play a complete different game... Maybe you are the one that has to find another zone.
                            Giving a levi more power has nothing to do with basing because at this moment the levi is an antibaser. I've seen it happen a million times, people are basing some LT's show up and the basing game is over, because noone wants to be a sitting-duck for Mr. Lemi.
                            And the people that keep subspace up are dedicated fanatics, they have more reason to change things then any commercial motherf. They seem to care about the game and community then $$.

[Here a change you would like: Take away the levis delay and give him super. Give him L3 guns also! And the speed of a ter so he doesnt have to attach, And burst! So that he is the most powerful ship you have ever seen and we all can be levi!]
                            Last edited by Zerzera; 07-06-2002, 05:54 AM.
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I don't really care about Levi's, I just let them blow me up, I don't care about rec, I just care if they kill the ter, then I hunt them down. That is when I do play pub, which is maybe once a day
                              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Would it be possible to make it so that levs can only attach to some slower ship, like spider? Spiders don't have warps either.. And no other ship could attach to spiders except for levis. Maybe that's a bit confusing but I think it would balance it quite well.

Or just take away repels or attaching ability.. But I gotta agree that the current situation is pretty bad. The only times I see levs benefit basing is when they're used against a team that has 15 players in base, ruling the arena so much that the other freq doesn't stand a chance. When a LT blows them up a couple of times, the basing becomes more even.

Comment

Working...
                                X