Levs, and how much they Suck ass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goliath
    simply pointing out that he is whining about 1 aspect of the game that pisses him off yet there is always a part of every game that pisses people off and ruins the game for some people

yet its so impossible just to make a special place that doesnt have this one aspect?

lots of people hate spawnkillers, me included, yet i cant blame that on newbs like most try to because a good percentage of the ones down there spawnkilling are vets....

You wouldn't get "spawned" if you spent more time in base, and less in the spawning area, but wait you have trouble with that because you play with a lev a lot don't you?

i dont really care....the whole topic is a moot topic because they arent going to change....they will offer up pure basing and they have offered it up a lot more lately.....

Yea for a weekend, someone brings up a pure basing month and staff whines about it, we can surely see what side they support.

but if a guy is going to publicly quit the game because of lev terrs....thats sad lol theres lots of other options and obviously he just isnt having fun anymore....so just quit if thats the case and stop whining about ....

Oh yea there's lots of other places that provide the same constant basing action and dynamic ship changes as pub without levis,
    no wait...:eek:

its not about LT's or spawnkillers or whatever....

Oh no, its not like self proclaimed "vets", who are 13 year old finnish kids, try to implicate spawning in places like elim,
    no wait...:eek:

its simply about can you find a way to have fun playing the game...if not....why play....move one.....

So you want people who came to the zone to base, which is what the zone is all about (incase you haven't heard), to up and leave the game completely.
    laff, moving on.

as for adjusting the lev....its been talked about to death

By staff? I doubt.

you want to limit and restrict the lev....yet the lev on its own is easily picked on and very hard to defend itself....

but attach it to a terr and then what susie? A bullet is harmless by itself but put inside a gun...

the real issue is the attaching to the terr....which idealy a time restriction would solve most issues...being able to only attach for say 5 or 10 seconds and then being unable to reattach for 10 seconds or something silly like that....

priitk would have to spend hours making that worthless feature in .38 which we wont see for a while, and even then its pointless to the task at hand, levi's practically only attach for 10 secs, terr goes to roof, tells lev to attach. lev attaches, fires, they warp as a hunter is quickly on the roof, lather, rinse, repeat.

but...thats already been stated that its not a feasible thing

^

so if you are going to make a lev unattachable...you need to be able to let it defend itself....ie giving it x....

sure, its not like the whole reason x's go after levs is to stop them from being able to attach. It'd be funny to do that but thats so ridiculous even I hate it.

i say take x away from terrs and leave it with sharks and levs...
    levs always on and sharks on a power drain....

el oh el

gives cloakers more value in base (as much as i hate them hehe) and levs a value as well....

Levs + Basing? Holy Moses have you brought up this Idea with our LevTerrin, base bombing, elim thoring, sysop, Mr.Kasesalu?

but i think the levs repel needs to bounce more and possible be able to pick up more repels...cause all wbs or any ship do is even if a good lev beats them out in the open they just come thrusting back to kill them because they ran outta repels....

bounce more? If you want dynamic repels for each ship ur gonna have to wait for .38.
    and news flash, levs can green reps.

bottom line again:
    ship changes aint gonna happen.....

I didn't get that memo the first time.

maybe a basing pub or two is feasible.....but most changes arent going to happen because they wont make them

Oh yea PriitK has better things to do for our community, like the occasional L3 bomb to a full base, moving on...

so you either find a way to have fun the way it is...or you move on....its that simple lol

Maybe for a spineless rimlicker like yourself.

its a free game anyone can download and play online with hundreds of people...theres no financial gain from these people for running it so they dont have to make changes and tweaks.....

they can leave it fucked up all they want and soon people can play a zone with a whole lot of no one...

in case you didnt notice...over half the day theres 400-600 people in TW, and even in off hours theres still usually 200-300 people in there

Give me a rough estimate of people who play the zone for what is all about (basing susie, basing), or just because it has the most people/the warbird dueling.
    And then ask those people how long they've been playing the game.

if no one is having any fun....they sure still show up to play lol

All depends on who they are, and what they're there for.
    sage

Comment

BAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Goliath
        the real issue is the attaching to the terr....which idealy a time restriction would solve most issues...being able to only attach for say 5 or 10 seconds and then being unable to reattach for 10 seconds or something silly like that....
        Originally posted by Richard Creager
        levi's practically only attach for 10 secs, terr goes to roof, tells lev to attach. lev attaches, fires, they warp as a hunter is quickly on the roof, lather, rinse, repeat.
        Actually.. Goliath's idea is quite good if you refine it a little. It should be made so that levs can attach to terrs but they can't stay attached at all. I.e. they immediately drop. This way lev wouldn't become a totally useless ship, and they could get in base, but they couldn't run away after bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by Joku Ugo

Actually.. Goliath's idea is quite good if you refine it a little. It should be made so that levs can attach to terrs but they can't stay attached at all. I.e. they immediately drop. This way lev wouldn't become a totally useless ship, and they could get in base, but they couldn't run away after bombing.
          In the settings, there is no actual "setting" that allows a certain time for a ship to be attached. Even a bot couldn't do this. Unless you want another reason for punishment for staying attached to a terrier... But that would go extremely insane. I think the Leviathan has a real hard time getting to the safe, they lose about 5-10 kills (if not, lucky) getting hit by vulchers. The Leviathan usally needs greening, so the terrier switches to a private freq, and he lets the Leviathan kill him/her. But usally just 1 (Would need 2) kill gets the greening. Why? Because the Leviathan is feeding off of the greens we get, and the Levi gets it aswell. Its what that Terrier in the base is doing, and if that Terrier picks up, oh we'll say 20bnty. -- Its coming right back at you, with a bomb. A BLUE Bomb.

I just felt like pointing that out, of course. But really, lowering the defense wouldn't do anything, we need to attack the offense. I don't know.. change the bomb to an EMP Level 1. And make the prox around 1/3 off. It would just stun, and it would suck to be teamkilled by it..pretty painful too. So its like the Shark/Leviathan have the same kind of bombs, just the Leviathan is slower, and the prox is bigger. The Shark is faster, prox smaller. So now the Shark is almost useless, putting aside the mines. So I'd give the Shark a 1 tile brick. That last's for 5-10 seconds. And maybe tinch the speed up a bit.

But otherways, I don't know what I'm talking about, you guys talk about this manner ;P
          // cool //

Comment

Take away the levi's mine. At the very least, they drain up a freq's mine limit, and the worst, it gets repped and tk's half the team. Besides, it's not as if they don't have enough weapons.

People against changing the levi have never provided a satisfactory counter to one argument of their opposers: that levis are already too powerful in comparison to all other ships, especially when its sole weaknesses are negated by attaching to a terr. They already say that a levi is born weak with its slow movement and turn rate, but when you are attached to a terrier, those weaknesses are no longer a problem.

Comment

What a bunch of crybabys u losers are. Only people with skillz can cause problems with basing and there are few if any other me who can do that. Levs are the most underpowered ship in the game. Go to a noob arena if you can’t handle the most underpowered ship in TW. The staff shouldn’t have to bow down to the majority of players, those noobys are all morons. Vets like us know what is best for the game so go whine somewhere else. If your a coward go ahead and quit its better without u.

Comment

Originally posted by levsruinbasing
                What a bunch of crybabys u losers are. Only people with skillz can cause problems with basing and there are few if any other me who can do that. Levs are the most underpowered ship in the game. Go to a noob arena if you can’t handle the most underpowered ship in TW. The staff shouldn’t have to bow down to the majority of players, those noobys are all morons. Vets like us know what is best for the game so go whine somewhere else. If your a coward go ahead and quit its better without u.

I'd say something, but I'm just newbie and clearly your wisdom knows no bounds. Listen to this guy people he's got all the answers!
                There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by levsruinbasing
                  i can't tell for sure if you're a moron or being sarcastic.
                  pretty funny either way.
                  gg

Comment

A base without levi lasts longer than a base with levi. 1 spider is more usefull than 3 levis.
                    Originally posted by Diakka
                    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

spiderfarts

spiderfart... ur to dumb to own a levi in a cloaker..u suck ass and if levi's are the reason u quit playing this game... then ur dumb

nuff said
                      Trench Wars Moderator
                      TW Gallery Admin
                      TWEL Operator
                      aka ronaldo

Comment

Re: spiderfarts

Originally posted by Tera
                        spiderfart... ur to dumb to own a levi in a cloaker..u suck ass and if levi's are the reason u quit playing this game... then ur dumb

nuff said
                        Who the fuck wants to waste time spawning newbs who happen to have hit esc, 4 off the server when if there were no levis in the first place, you could just base. Thats what its all about fuckstain.
                        But of course you aren't open into independent thoughts like constant basing without levis because you are probably one of those fat blue anti-basing enthusiasts yourself.
                        Why don't you quit this game and keep playing Ragnarok Online, we have enough people like you ruining this zone.
                        sage

Comment

Re: Re: spiderfarts

Originally posted by Richard Creager

Who the fuck wants to waste time spawning newbs who happen to have hit esc, 4 off the server when if there were no levis in the first place, you could just base. Thats what its all about fuckstain.
                          But of course you aren't open into independent thoughts like constant basing without levis because you are probably one of those fat blue anti-basing enthusiasts yourself.
                          Why don't you quit this game and keep playing Ragnarok Online, we have enough people like you ruining this zone.

Hahaha, lol Rich
                          What got up your ass?

Comment

Fuck Goliath I so misread your article, and now I suddenly love levi's and your plans -are so great-.

And javelins might teamkill more but they also kill more and a bit skilled javelin will have a better tk ratio then a levi.
                            Last edited by Zerzera; 07-07-2002, 07:16 PM.
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                              "GOD DAMN YOU PORTAL WHORE"

Do your part! Cloak a levi today!

I hate cloakers as much as levs, but i gotta agree with cloaks for now

(btw hi everyone!)
                              Bilange> i love getting repped
                              Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
                              ----
                              Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

Bilange wewt!
                                Hi

Comment

Working...
                                X