New idea for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New idea for next season

I was just thinking of a idea for next season of TWD to have 3 seperate rosters for TWDD TWBD and TWJD. Its just a idea so if people agree then we can bring it more in depth.

Mainly its to raise the amount of competition in all 3 leagues and have more competition equally among all the TWL teams. A lot of the squads ive been on , focus mainly on TWJD and TWDD or just TWBD, but some of there members are also good at leagues that the squad doesnt focus on. I think it kind of puts there skills to waste since there isnt to many 3 league squads out there.

It would allow people to join 3 diferent leagues under 3 diferent squads. I feel it would also keep more squads together until TWL without having the need to find a squad that does multiple leagues. Overall i think it would bring in a lot of new names and really raise the level of competition in TWD and TWL.....

this is my first time on the forums so sorry if this idea has been brought up before...

-K A N E

This is just a bad idea. It would be very hard to organize first of all; TWD/TWL works nice and easy now because you are only allowed 1 account and you can only be squadjoined to 1 squad, so there is no confusion.

Next, imagine how hard it would be for the squads and players. You would need 3 seperate chats for each squad and every player would have to use and remember 3 different squadchats. When you wanted to play a game, you would have to squadjoin to the correct squad, and you might not be able to get the squad password.

Also, it would make it much easier to cheat. With so many different rosters and squads you could doublesquad or whatever and it would be much harder for anyone to find out.

No offense... in a perfect world this would be a great idea, but it's just way too hard to organize.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 12-23-2004, 11:27 PM.
    sdg

Comment

Stabs got a point there... causes too much confusion. -_-
      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Yes it would be hard to organize and take some time. With a lot of deticated people to TW it is very possible to run and it would expand the league and zone. There is way to much dominance in the current leagues, It is the same names year after year just diferent squad name.

As for double squadding I think it would decrease. being in 3 diferent leagues all at high competition then you would have no use to double squad. That is already a lot for one person to handle.

Your point on ?squadjoining was something I didnt really think of, im sure there is a way that things can be worked out. What i suggested doesnt mean that everyone must be on 3 diferent squads. Majority of the TWL squads play for the name of the squad , such as -FINAL-.

With the expansion of staff (not just kids on a power trip) and more webmasters. It would be very possible to get something together for next season and not be as much work that it seems to be.

-K A N E
        Last edited by Civic; 12-23-2004, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          This is just a bad idea..
          Originally posted by Stabwound
          No offense... in a perfect would this would be a great idea
          If you ment to say in a perfect world , the world is perfect the way its revolves. Lazyness is a characteristic that a lot cannot face, there are people out there willing to do the work. People that want to expand and help trenchwars grow. To people that dont have to do the work , it wouldnt be a hard concept.

-K A N E

Comment

Originally posted by Civic
            Your point on ?squadjoining was something I didnt really think of...
            Originally posted by Civic
            It would allow people to join 3 diferent leagues under 3 diferent squads.
            Then what did you think of? Basically, that is what you suggested. That people could be on 3 different squads at the same time. Only difference is that it would only be one squad per division. It is, as Stabwound said, way too complicated and confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor
              Then what did you think of? Basically, that is what you suggested. That people could be on 3 different squads at the same time. Only difference is that it would only be one squad per division. It is, as Stabwound said, way too complicated and confusing.
              I didnt explain every little aspect of it, mainly due to not thinking about it in depth. It was a idea I came up with and wanted to post about it to get opinions. yes it is complicated and confusing, I agree. The whole point of getting opinions is to make it easier to understand and possible to accomplish. Once again not everyone will be on 3 diferent squads and have KAOS in TW(hehe get it...). Majority of the "vets" will stick to one squad and 3 league it.

Basically what im picturing is having TWL teams have a even or equal chance of winning it all. Sort of how TWLB is right now, but thats because of its size. This would expand the leagues and have it at high competition.

The argument of saying its to confusing and complicated, really is just a mental thing that can be worked around. If it could be organized by webmasters and TW Staff it wouldnt matter if its confusing or complicated because it would eventually be learned. We are all "noobs" to something new, so it will seem complicated.

-K A N E

Comment

Bad idea.

Comment

and old idea
                  Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                  Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                  Server> dont worry mirror
                  Server> shark fits your tits
                  Peace <ZH>> shut up
                  Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                  Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                  1:Hercules> im level 90
                  1:Hercules> in 9d
                  1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                  1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Some reasoning would be nice. If you have a argument or just rude comments, at least explain them please. Otherwise , its spam and a useless post

Comment

i like kane.

Comment

I've thought about this before and I think it should be implemented. They are different modes of play and you shouldn't be stuck in a squad for all three if you would rather play for another squad in one or two of the leagues. Say a starts for a top twld squad which is also one of the top twlj and/or twlb. But this person would also like to play javs and/or base but is not good enough to start in the elite squad they are in, but could start for middle of the road twl squad. In the current system they are stuck sitting on the bench in twlj and twlb for their elite squad when they are good enough to start for half the teams that play in those leagues. If this were implemented all of the leagues would become more competitive.

doublesquadding would only be a problem if one player were to play twl in one league for two different squads..which I don't think really happens or would happen if this were implemented.

?squadjoining wouldn't be a problem since they could just take off the requirement that you need to be squadjoined to play twd

I don't think it would be too hard to implement, it would take some work but basically all you would have to do is take the current roster system and multiply it by 3.

It's really not confusing...instead of treating the leagues as one, you treat them as three different ones which is what they really are.

-Static Burn/Burnt

Comment

oops

forgot about the date while i was reading this
                          k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

Working...
                          X