Neat Continuum Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Continuum Tricks

Does anyone know of any tricks you can do with Continuum, such as ticking someone's name, then hitting F4, then ticking another player's name, then hitting F4 again, then you can watch them duel? I want little tricks like that that aren't widely known.
    The pleasure's all mine.

?spec shows the ppl that are watching you

but i think there was another thread about this once too
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

I don't want to seem like I'm pushing my own thread, but I made one in the Tech Support forum with some tricks like that. Thanks for reminding me of the way to spec 2 people, I'll add that too.
      sdg

Comment

are these supposed to be exclusively continuum tricks? because these have been around since at the latest subspace 1.34
        -Dave

Comment

If you uninstall the game you cant be lame and hide in elims..
          PicHosting

Comment

Originally posted by Acidmouse
            If you uninstall the game you cant be lame and hide in elims..
            Ooh, burn.
            The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

If you '?find=name ' <-- leave a space after the name, it tells you how long they have been online. It doesn't work with higher staff I don't think.

Comment

woah good one!
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

?find=name incase name1 is one
                  ?find name will show name1, use ?find= if the person isnt getting recognized
                  Big Chill

Comment

How about, if you want to have your own custom splash when you load Continuum. Just make an image of your own & save it as a bitmap named splash.bm2 to your graphics folder. Sexy.
                    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY
                      ?spec shows the ppl that are watching you

but i think there was another thread about this once too
                      If a staff member is watching you play it wont show when typing ?spec :turned:
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
                        Does anyone know of any tricks you can do with Continuum, such as ticking someone's name, then hitting F4, then ticking another player's name, then hitting F4 again, then you can watch them duel? I want little tricks like that that aren't widely known.
                        Just pressing ctrl, specs on a person while there name is ticked. Press F5 to spec a ball, if the arena has one, best way to watch hockey.

Couple of things regarding packetloss...If the zone spikes a load of ploss for a while (probably courtesy of hopone), keep checking it every few minutes. When it starts going slowly and steadily down, re-enter the zone. This purges the ploss history it builds up, and the steady decline is normally a sign that the server is back to normal. Pub specs you whenever either your C2S or S2C is above 13%. I cant remember elim and twd, but I think they are around 5-7%

I also know how you can stop Mr.Arrogant 2 from disconnecting you, but I dont know whether i sould share that :P

Originally posted by Mr.Peanuts
                        If you '?find=name ' <-- leave a space after the name, it tells you how long they have been online. It doesn't work with higher staff I don't think.
                        Worked just now on dock>, so i guess it will work for anyone

I can only think of one more off the top of my head, quite well known, some arenas allow you to bomb or bullet while thrusting, allowing for a faster shot. This requires you to either change your mine/bomb key, and bullet/repel key, otherwise it will just try to mine or repel. You should change your repel key anyway as it will cause you to boost while repelling, and some arenas (fallout at least) dont allow boost-movement and repeling simultaneously.

Comment

well known bug:

if you enter an arena after someone has mined, they dont show up on your screen.
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

I was told a trick to stop Mr. Arrogant 2 booting you off when you idle.
                            Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                              well known bug:

if you enter an arena after someone has mined, they dont show up on your screen.
                              It's not a bug, it's just the way the game works. When someone mines, the data is sent to your client and it remembers where the mines are. If you enter an arena where mines already exist, your client was never sent the data so as far as you're concerned, the mines don't exist.

Also, do not post ways to get around Mr. Arrogant, thanks.
                              sdg

Comment

Working...
                              X