Free Web Hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Web Hosts

I'm looking for a place I can make a website that is free, and preferably has no ads on it either. I don't need one with a ton of space, just enough to make a small website. It will have lots of pictures, but they will be compressed. Most of it will be text though.

In case you're wondering what it's for, it's for a school project. Long story short, my friends and I entered this compitition for naming this ship. We did it just to get a ton of extra credit in the class, which we were all failing. Well, now we're one of 40 finalists across the country. So, we need to do another project. A website isn't required, but I said that I would make one because then the judges can see how much time and effort we put into it, because now we really want to win.

Why do we want to win? Well, we saw the prize list. Besides getting on national news for winning, the ship being called what we picked, a plaque on the ship with our names on it, and a plaque and money for the school, the best part was actually getting to miss school. Why would we be missing school? Because they're going to fly us from rainy Ohio to Florida, to spend a day on our boat scuba diving and everything!

So basically, back on topic, if anybody knows any good, free web hosts, I would greatly appreciate it I'd like to get started ASAP.
    Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
    1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
    1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
    1:Chao <ER>> at all
    1:Mantra-Slider> chao
    1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
    Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
    Chao <ER> - hero

Wow, that sounds fun, goodluck!

Oh, im not sure, but Angelfire/tripod?

I've never made an actual site :P
    boo...:eek:

Comment

Angelfire and tripod have those really annoying ads on the side. I'd like to stay away from those. If I must have an ad, it would be a banner ad.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Well, idont know of anything that offers a site without ads, but i hope you have good luck finding one
        boo...:eek:

Comment

I always used to choose popups on free hosts, then put in a bit of javascript to kill them. EZ.
          FREE MANDELA

Comment

You were failing a high school class?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
            Reclusion
            "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Reclusion
              You were failing a high school class?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
              agreed
              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

www.freesuperhost.com

is a good one, you have mysql, php, no banners, 100MB storage, your own subdomain [name].freesuperhost.com you have ftp acces
                help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Well no, I wasn't failing. Some of the people that are in our group didn't do anything, but just put their names on it so they wouldn't be failing anymore. I had a 99% I think, but I wanted a cushion (I'm shooting for all A+'s this nine weeks )
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I agree with what jappeurgh said.

Comment

www.freewebs.com

I use it www.freewebs.com/Blindmonkey21 and www.freewebs.com/sagespirit
                      1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
                      Corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindmonkey21
                        The First one is a link to an ad page......

Just use the webspace your ISP offers you I am sure you can get some space from there.....
                        "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

K guys, thanks for all your help

I spent the night at my friends house and we were supposed to be planning our project but we didn't. It was crazy. I don't remember much, because I had so much caffeine. We had soooo much pop, and the three of us ate a whole half gallon of chocolate ice cream. I remember running down the road with sparklers at about midnight, riding the four wheeler in the corn fields at about 1AM (I had forgotten about that, then I saw my clothes were covered in mud), and just randomly screaming. We invented a new sport, synchronized screaming. Quite fun. So then today we went to Krogers, wearing our pajamas (and I was wearing high heels that I somehow slept in and hadn't taken off for 14 hours) and everyone looked at us funny, so we did more synchronized screaming.

Yea, we stay on task quite well.

EDIT: Here's the website with all the contest info, just in case anyone is interested: http://www.education.noaa.gov/shipname/guidelines.html
                          Last edited by Pandagirl!; 01-08-2005, 08:06 PM.
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

i use freewebs too, so my thing is http://www.freewebs.com/darkshock.
                            however, i also got myself a nice domain name on www.TK for free also.

so my site is at http://www.darkshock.tk
                            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
                              K guys, thanks for all your help

I spent the night at my friends house and we were supposed to be planning our project but we didn't. It was crazy. I don't remember much, because I had so much caffeine. We had soooo much pop, and the three of us ate a whole half gallon of chocolate ice cream. I remember running down the road with sparklers at about midnight, riding the four wheeler in the corn fields at about 1AM (I had forgotten about that, then I saw my clothes were covered in mud), and just randomly screaming. We invented a new sport, synchronized screaming. Quite fun. So then today we went to Krogers, wearing our pajamas (and I was wearing high heels that I somehow slept in and hadn't taken off for 14 hours) and everyone looked at us funny, so we did more synchronized screaming.

Yea, we stay on task quite well.

EDIT: Here's the website with all the contest info, just in case anyone is interested: http://www.education.noaa.gov/shipname/guidelines.html
                              You speak as if caffeine is like alcohol...

Seriously girl, caffeine doesn't make you do that shit
                              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                              ---A few minutes later---
                              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                              9:Kim> UM
                              9:Kim> i didn't
                              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                              X