This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trench Wars Shift

These past few seasons have been all about dueling, and a bit of javing, and by no means was basing the _thing_ to do. Well, it looks like there has been a shift in popularity, and now, more then ever, basing is Trench Wars. You can attribute this to alot of different things; maybe it was Light, who made it "ok" for wb/jav vets to play base without the drama that they would have previouslly recieved, or maybe it was Pallies, for making the base so damn hip. Maybe it was disoblige showing everyone what a little teamwork and commitment can do, or Vortrex, who showed everyone what not to do. Finally, it could have been Anti-Scrub, who im sure did something, or Whiterabbits, who impressed the shit out of the TW Community. Either way, basing is a good thing. It's quite cool to see a select few squads dominate in a sense, knowing that they've put so much effort into their game and team. In the wb/jav leagues, if squads don't produce, then most of the times they dissolve, which really sucks, because they never get to develop into something better. Imagine if Pallies dissolved back when Divine and Roger quit and everyone but Boo and Samu were willing to give up on it. That would have ment having those wierdos on multiple squads, and there would have been no way we could have contained them!*shudders* :P Whether or not you agree with me, I think that we have reached a stage where basing is gonna get the most attention, not wbs, or javs, but good old basing. Even the strict dueling squads are relenting, hell, we thought it was a big deal to get Epi to jav, and now he's thinkin about TWD-B. And Vice-Versa, Pallies are going to have one hell of a WB team next season with Roi/Shiran/Burial/Jack/ Sleepy/ Hellz/etc. It's just kinda cool to see $ We also see the emergence of new squads, and more acceptance of those squads, which is almost uncanny. Whiterabbits are a perfect example. If Acid hadn't given them that twl-b spot, would we know them? in the way that we know them now? Yea, TW has been the Good Old Boys Club for a while now, but it looks like its gonna an intresting season, and an intresting couple of years to come.
    Last edited by yung; 10-18-2002, 04:07 PM.
    ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

I have to say that since I started playing, just over a year ago, I have never been a wb dueller or a serious javver, basing has always been "the thing" for me

Comment

I remember talking to Boo in # arena back when he was The Dalai Lama and made me promise not tell anyone that he was thinking about dissolving pallies after TWT [or maybe even before TWT, possibly TWL not sure] This was during their slump, when alot of their good members went inactive or joined Cripples. Guess things turned around for them....alot. I think Pallies radio is the leading factor in that.

Also, Vortex never sucked when I ran it. Just so you all know.

Comment

Crome didnt have nothing to do with giving a spot to whiterabbits
        Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
        Mirror <ZH> this sucks
        Server> dont worry mirror
        Server> shark fits your tits
        Peace <ZH>> shut up
        Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
        Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
        1:Hercules> im level 90
        1:Hercules> in 9d
        1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
        1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Wasn't Acid in charge of BL ?

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
            Also, Vortex never sucked when I ran it. Just so you all know. [/B]
            when u was banned i was on vortex im more leeter
            Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

I would credit -Final- with making it ok for an elite wb/jav squad to base well, and I would strike that part about Vortex as annux said... they had a pretty large impact on the basing scene, and prodcued quality terriers like it was going out of style. Otherwise, yeah... it's been nice to watch the change in momentum for basing. Mad props to Diso... I give them most of the credit. They were the first primarily-basing squad that everyone wanted to join.
              RogerMexico
              The Daily Nice
              Post Secret

Comment

Basing 4 life.

And yeah it was acid who gave us the TWLB spot, but the point still stands. =]

gg yung

Comment

Re: The Trench Wars Shift

Originally posted by yung
                  These past few seasons have been all about dueling, and a bit of javing, and by no means was basing the _thing_ to do. Well, it looks like there has been a shift in popularity, and now, more then ever, basing is Trench Wars. You can attribute this to alot of different things; maybe it was Light, who made it "ok" for wb/jav vets to play base without the drama that they would have previouslly recieved, or maybe it was Pallies, for making the base so damn hip. Maybe it was disoblige showing everyone what a little teamwork and commitment can do, or Vortrex, who showed everyone what not to do. Finally, it could have been Anti-Scrub, who im sure did something, or Whiterabbits, who impressed the shit out of the TW Community. Either way, basing is a good thing. It's quite cool to see a select few squads dominate in a sense, knowing that they've put so much effort into their game and team. In the wb/jav leagues, if squads don't produce, then most of the times they dissolve, which really sucks, because they never get to develop into something better. Imagine if Pallies dissolved back when Divine and Roger quit and everyone but Boo and Samu were willing to give up on it. That would have ment having those wierdos on multiple squads, and there would have been no way we could have contained them!*shudders* :P Whether or not you agree with me, I think that we have reached a stage where basing is gonna get the most attention, not wbs, or javs, but good old basing. Even the strict dueling squads are relenting, hell, we thought it was a big deal to get Epi to jav, and now he's thinkin about TWD-B. And Vice-Versa, Pallies are going to have one hell of a WB team next season with Roi/Shiran/Burial/Jack/ Sleepy/ Hellz/etc. It's just kinda cool to see $ We also see the emergence of new squads, and more acceptance of those squads, which is almost uncanny. Whiterabbits are a perfect example. If Crome hadn't given them that twl-b spot, would we know them? in the way that we know them now? Yea, TW has been the Good Old Boys Club for a while now, but it looks like its gonna an intresting season, and an intresting couple of years to come.

Oh it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Th@ KiLL@

that post made baby jesus cry

Comment

With the vortex remark, i meant no disrespect to annux. I was referring to the whole thing when the squad changed hands and ended up in CoL's hands. Sorry about the error with the WR remark and Crome, and Roger, I disagree dude, I think Light really had more of an impact. Altough Final has their place
                      ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Th@ KiLL@

Originally posted by Diakka
                          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

And so my love for SubSpace only grows
                            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

-Final- may have been the first "vet" base squad, Light, mostly because of ego, was more blatantly obvious. They both had there spot in turning the tide to Base.

-Final- said to vets it's cool to base

Light said to vets it's cool to do well in another league
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X