An awesome idea for twbd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An awesome idea for twbd

It's hard for a squad to get 8v8 basing practice due to the fact that squad rosters are only so big and it can be difficult to get 8 people on at once for a squad, let alone two squads with 8 on. The idea is to allow up to three (3) non-squad members to play in twbd games. So if you only have 5 people, you can still play an 8v8 game with 3 non-squad participants.

Two problems with this however: Although this is mainly intended for twl squads to get practice, non-twl squads could use this and they would unfairly use it to qualify for twl. To prevent this, if a non-twl squad chooses to use any non-squad members, the game shouldn't effect the points a squad has in twd. Before the game, each squad should agree whether or not to allow the use of non-squad members.

Problem 2: Someone would have to re-code the bots to allow this change, I have no idea how difficult this would be or who would do it.

Now go ahead and discuss my great idea!

P.S. this could also be implemented in twdd and twjd with one (1) non-team member being allowed.
    Last edited by Burnt; 02-05-2005, 12:25 AM.

Really good idea.

I agree 100%.

Go for it .

-Fp

Comment

sounds kinda okay i guess -_- but it might be too much work for what its actually worth. thats kinda what javduel wbduel and base are for i think
      Gun remembers.

Comment

I like this idea. And if it doesn't count for TWD, there's really no other argument besides having to put some work into a bot, for this to be implemented. I def know a lotta times squads wanna base but only have 5 or 6 ppl online.

Comment

I think this might be a fun idea, but it should probably be a max of 1-2 non-squad players per team.
          sdg

Comment

Duh, just get cap in base and there you have almost same kind of match.
            megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
            L K> taught u what?
            megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
            9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
            9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

good idea, but not really needed atm imo
              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

That solution would also be a nice manner to test a new candidate to join a squad... i mean he would be playing close to the squad in a twd environment... its a good idea.
                A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

No objections as long as it is put on the bottom of TW's to-do-list
                  Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Cool idea that would also make tryouting for squads easier, but then someone would have to come up with another TWL qualification system.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Sounds fun!
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

that would ensure twd games non-stop and srever would be flooded and we will all become so addicted by playing 24/7 HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
                        ANARCHY

Comment

Decent enough idea, a simpler idea would be to make the bots in wbduel javduel and a seperate base arena player accesible.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Not bad idea but it would completly destroy the idea (and scoring system) of current TWD - maybe if these games wont count in TWD?
                            I personally think that if bots in base2 and base3 would stay permanently you may have as many half-squad matches as you want. Just call ZH to start game and set proper caps.
                            Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                              That solution would also be a nice manner to test a new candidate to join a squad... i mean he would be playing close to the squad in a twd environment... its a good idea.
                              so what now when some1 tells me "i am an amazing spider" and they go 12-47, i mite actaully have a way for testing them out before they blame it all on the shark and i have to kick them, im all up for it.

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

Comment

Working...
                              X