No announcement yet.

Protest add death on spec bs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontrolz your avatar makes me sizzle all over. Everything around me too. I'm eating a BLT right now thanks to that avatar.
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I agree. For example u have phone and u have to spec.
      or...you are assis/cap and want to sub someone...then usually I go spec, then sub, then return. And so on and so on.

Now you get a penalty for it. Stinks. Penalty is useless imo. If ppl lag bigtime they lagout anyhow and get specced. What bout sharpen the laglimit or 1 lagout per game instead of 3 lagouts. Or all the other idea's that are posted here...no +1 penalty
      the man, the myth, the composer of mastermind. U love em, you hate em, you love to hate em

Comment

I honestly cant decide. i see both sides of the coin

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

Comment

i think a death for lagging out, or even speccing, is silly.

to put the game in the hands of the bots rather than the players is taking away the fun.

i really don't think "lag cheating" is part of this game, or at least not nearly as bad as it is made out to be.

how many laggy players actually have a huge impact on the game? this goes for twl as well.

now, especially for twl, there is a designated host to watch over these things. they should have the power to spec people who are lagging, not some arbitrary black and white bot.

how many people actually spec to avoid deaths? it really isn't a huge problem, nor a problem that will effect the outcome of a game in most probabilities.

anyways, i think the damage that giving legitimate lagouts a death is far going to outweigh punishing people who spec, or people who manage to play with 800 ping.

give it a 30 second penalty before you can reenter, that is more than enough.
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I think staff has made a horrible choice, don't forget this is a dial up connection game, I've noticed now in a few ways how staff is making this zone more and more "exclusive", this is just another example, don't be dumb and shoot yourselves in the foot, you'll watch EG beat you in the population race eventually if you keep on this track.
            (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz
              don't be dumb and shoot yourselves in the foot, you'll watch EG beat you in the population race eventually if you keep on this track.
              will nvr happen, eg is way to boring.
              Originally posted by Kolar
              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz
                I think staff has made a horrible choice, don't forget this is a dial up connection game, I've noticed now in a few ways how staff is making this zone more and more "exclusive", this is just another example, don't be dumb and shoot yourselves in the foot, you'll watch EG beat you in the population race eventually if you keep on this track.
                Just that the settings used in TW makes lag a somewhat bigger issue. But I agree on this. Seems like they want people to leave TW. While you should try to do everything to get more people in.

Comment

we're talking about twdd (and wbduel) here, and i think that this level of play should be more inclusionary and lenient. alot of people are willing to accept that they're too laggy to play in TWL, but cutting them off from TWD is "the final straw". I know alot of people (like Genocides) who've accepted not being able to TWL but are seriously considering quitting TW if they can't do TWD anymore.

I think that the former TWL method of a 1 minute wait period and 3 lagouts max was perfect. Honestly, its 5 vs. 4 for one minute. That's huge. I specced once while cornered in TWLJ pre-season and that 1-minute felt like an eternity, and 5v4 really hurt our team, I thought to myself "oops - that was dumb - better not do that again". I'd like to see it brought down to 30 seconds, but either way is better than giving the other team a free kill.

And lag cheaters, under the new limits, still lag you to death (because its controlled). the only people suffering are those with lag thats out of their control.

i dont lag and i hate laggots, but TWD/WBDUEL really shouldn't be so strict and everybody should be able to participate
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

I seriously don't get it, some points were covered by claushouse, but I think the driving reason is that the changes made to the dueling league are AMPLIFIED as it does to basing. Currently, basing lagouts only require you to take 30 seconds before getting back in game, and to a game to 15 minutes, thats not alot. That's like 3% of the game you're out for.

Okay to the dueling situation, you lose 1 death out of 10 deaths, that's already pretty bad in itself, I don't see what people aren't seeing here. That's 10% of your game gone in one lagout. It's not like the player is actually helping the team while he/she's lagging, so just remove this +1 death thing, its ridiculous and doesn't even make sense. The lagging players are already punishing themselves and their team by not being in there helping out the team, but by punishing them further by adding deaths, which screws the lagger over, as well as the person who's gonna sub for him.

No logic whatsoever to this new lagout system.
                    Last edited by Kim; 02-17-2005, 03:13 PM. Reason: I can't do percentages
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.
                    . â–²
                    ▲ ▲

Comment

Have to agree with Kim on that. Lets get rid of it as soon as possible please, its ruining matches.
                      Warpath

Comment

Originally posted by Zloy
                        Broadband connections are cheaper and cheaper in most countries.
                        Usually people who spike are abusers/ people who have no respect for other players and download while they play. The rule is ok, its as "part of the game" as lag is
                        Listen to the man! :fear:
                        1:timQ> omg, Shenmue is so cool that if he and 348 hot (I mean damn hot!!!) girls went to some room all the girls would be ice-cold in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                          I seriously don't get it, some points were covered by claushouse, but I think the driving reason is that the changes made to the dueling league are AMPLIFIED as it does to basing. Currently, basing lagouts only require you to take 30 seconds before getting back in game, and to a game to 15 minutes, thats not alot. That's like 3% of the game you're out for.

Okay to the dueling situation, you lose 1 death out of 10 deaths, that's already pretty bad in itself, I don't see what people aren't seeing here. That's 10% of your game gone in one lagout. It's not like the player is actually helping the team while he/she's lagging, so just remove this +1 death thing, its ridiculous and doesn't even make sense. The lagging players are already punishing themselves and their team by not being in there helping out the team, but by punishing them further by adding deaths, which screws the lagger over, as well as the person who's gonna sub for him.

No logic whatsoever to this new lagout system.
                          I agree that it needs to be changed somehow. However, I disagree with what you've said about laggers.

Time and time again I see squads recruit and play laggy players because it gives them an advantage, they aren't where you think they are on the screen so it makes them much harder to hit. Sika, Mega Newbie, and Z*E*R*O are the first three names that come to mind. I'm not saying they are trying to lag, or that they want to lag, but they do lag and they are able to use it to their advantage.

There are also those players who do want to lag, and they'll run programs or download files in order to lag. Why would people do such a thing if they felt they weren't gaining an advantage by doing so? I can't think of a logical answer to that one.

I do agree that its not working out too well at the moment, not because of the +1 death, but because quite a number of people are unable to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Weaver
                            I agree that it needs to be changed somehow. However, I disagree with what you've said about laggers.

Time and time again I see squads recruit and play laggy players because it gives them an advantage, they aren't where you think they are on the screen so it makes them much harder to hit. Sika, Mega Newbie, and Z*E*R*O are the first three names that come to mind. I'm not saying they are trying to lag, or that they want to lag, but they do lag and they are able to use it to their advantage.

There are also those players who do want to lag, and they'll run programs or download files in order to lag. Why would people do such a thing if they felt they weren't gaining an advantage by doing so? I can't think of a logical answer to that one.

I do agree that its not working out too well at the moment, not because of the +1 death, but because quite a number of people are unable to play.
                            i agree but we need to find a new system that works better then this one.
                            Originally posted by Kolar
                            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Yeah, my connection has been going through a bad patch recently, but luckily the only thing NS has been playing is BDs, where there is a 15 second penalty for lagging out. This still hurts a fair bit, especially when you're playing 5v5... but is obviously a fair way to do it.
                              Moving the question onto the other two divisions, I think an added death is the way to go, personally. If I'm lagging, that means I could have eaten on someone else's screen, and that kill should count. Yes, I'm even talking about spikes here; if you disappear and appear somewhere else, that's one of the enemy's shots that is completely wasted on where you appeared to be. Adding deaths on lagging out is fine, IMHO.
                              dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Whats the time out limit for a twdd game when all of one team is specced but have lives left? Lets say its 1 minute.

For the first players lagout, they are kept out of the game for 30 seconds.
                                The second lagout and all others: 61 seconds.

This would mean a laggot could not stay in the game and win a situation thanks to lag and if he had team players still in, him being in spec would have more of a negative affect on his teams performance.
                                Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                                TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Working...
                                X