No announcement yet.

Protest add death on spec bs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe something like, you can only use !lagout once every 2 minutes... so if you're the last person and lagout you have a chance at getting back in, but if you are lagging out consistently, you won't really have much of a chance.

Also, for the adding death, I think the idea is crap too... I have cable and lag sometimes... if I was allowed to add something to the bot... I would make it check the *tinfo and if the combined differences are greater than a certain value it gives the person a death for the spec and can get back in with !lagout, if it's less than that value they just have to get back in with !lagout and aren't penalized with the +1 death.

Edit: The *tinfo thing is a response to someone's thing about artificial lag.
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

:greedy: :turned: ^-^ Yea i agree there should be like a 30secs-60secs time limit if you lagout it makes sense and should hurt your team enough if you lagout purposely or if your connection is crap. This is comming from a dude with a decent connection and i dont lag.

Comment

Cant the captains have a choice at the start of the game if they want to have the +1 on lagouts or not. That way both teams get the same advantage or disadsvantage.
        Personnally for me i wish we could make it +2 and 60 seconds, i have never lagged out since this new lagout rule!
        damn 56kers, if you aren't prepared to pay out a bit extra a month, you dont deserve the oppurtunity to play a 24 hour free game like this...

^-^
        :whistling

Comment

The bot really cannot tell if someone lagged out or intentionally specced. BUT, it could easily tell (obviously) if you were specced by the bot.

Do you guys think it would be any better if you didn't get +1 death for being bot specced? I know it's not a lot but it's an idea. :P
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Wil
            Cant the captains have a choice at the start of the game if they want to have the +1 on lagouts or not. That way both teams get the same advantage or disadsvantage.
            Personnally for me i wish we could make it +2 and 60 seconds, i have never lagged out since this new lagout rule!
            damn 56kers, if you aren't prepared to pay out a bit extra a month, you dont deserve the oppurtunity to play a 24 hour free game like this...

^-^
            this might make the game even for both teams.,

but it would not make the match even with the rest of the league..
            rules must be consistent in every match in the league i feel.
            04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
              I would propose something a bit different.

If you're specced for whatever, you should be made to sit out for a full 60 seconds, so the opposing team gets a "power play". Screw the +1 death.
              Exactly
              "Power Play," I like how you put that
              Perfect analogy
              Currently listening to:
              Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
              Dead to Me - Little Brother
              Tim Barry - Manchester
              Lemuria - Get Better
              Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

Yah lol, all this is confusing shit but the old system wasnt bead and the new system had some glitches. Maybe they should try to put up a bot where they cant spec falsley. Its all good for me because i dont lag so this sorta gives me an advantage when i see someone on the other team lagout. But twd should be able to be played by everyone since its a less competative version of twld so everyone can facking play it.

Comment

I would propose something a bit different.

If you're specced for whatever, you should be made to sit out for a full 60 seconds, so the opposing team gets a "power play". Screw the +1 death.
                  this is by far, the best idea.
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Maybe we can combine Stabwound's idea and mine....

1. Stabwound - If the bot specs you (the bot should know, cause the bot did it), then you should not be penalized 1 death. If you spec manually (the bot didn't spec you, so it should know as well), then the bot then does penalize you 1 death.

2. Dameon - When you are specced, you have to be held in spec for 60 seconds after you are specced before you can be re-entered so the opposing team can be on a "power play"

1+2 = 60 second power plays for the opposing teams, and if you do an intentional spec, you lose a death for it as well.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And if we just go with the powerplay idea, solo, a small problem has arose. When the player comes back, he'll still have deaths intact. But, I think this would just make a perfect balance, though. But thoughts?
                    DELETED

Comment

The intentions of this were well when it was first created. Couldn't you guys make it so when you reach a certain lag limit (which causes a lagout), not cause a death. On the other hand, a spec at lag under the limit a death? This way, you can at least somewhat help the situation, and yes, I am aware that it is possible to make yourself lagout by creating intentional lag, so don't try to argue that against me :P. I myself am caught lagging out from time to time because of server problems due during the game, though the most of the time, it is me..
                      2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
                      Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
                      Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
                      Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
                      1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

Originally posted by Jessus
                        Laggots whine.

Guestion to laggots: Have you ever wondered how f*cking annoying it's to play against you. Have you ever thought what advantage you get from "good lag"?

Accept your destiny and suffer (or get real conenction).

Thx.
                        I ususally don't have lag problems, but if my ISP is slow and causing me to lag I'm the one who's getting the disadvantage.. There is no such thing as "good lag" or "bad lag".. If you play a laggy guy then kill his teammates and team him.. If you are a laggy guy then everyone around you appears to be laggy and you need to hit everybody twice to get a kill..
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

I think the +1 is good and bad. It stops the abusers from speccing but then innocent laggy people get specced.

I think that darkmoors suggestion was a good one, but still...I'm sure some people would still use esc+s. Atleast they have some penalty to pay.
                          WiL>How doi fire?
                          J M Power>Esc + Q
                          WiL left arena
                          J M Power>LOL!

Comment

Here's what is extremely gay. When you get suicided, or are suiciding, it basically counts as 2 deaths :/ For example, you rush into a pack of like 4, kill one, die before you lagout, then lagout as you respawn. Two deaths gone in one... :/

Comment

Maybe we can combine Stabwound's idea and mine....

1. Stabwound - If the bot specs you (the bot should know, cause the bot did it), then you should not be penalized 1 death. If you spec manually (the bot didn't spec you, so it should know as well), then the bot then does penalize you 1 death.

2. Dameon - When you are specced, you have to be held in spec for 60 seconds after you are specced before you can be re-entered so the opposing team can be on a "power play"

1+2 = 60 second power plays for the opposing teams, and if you do an intentional spec, you lose a death for it as well.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

And if we just go with the powerplay idea, solo, a small problem has arose. When the player comes back, he'll still have deaths intact. But, I think this would just make a perfect balance, though. But thoughts?

Stabwound's idea is sufficient in and of itself.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I think that you should just do the 1 death if you manually spec. If you have the 60second penalty that gives one team a big advantage (4vs3 or whatever) for just one of them being lame...
                                WiL>How doi fire?
                                J M Power>Esc + Q
                                WiL left arena
                                J M Power>LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X