Mp3 Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 Player

I'd like to buy a MP3 player, but I'm not quite sure which one to buy.
    I saw this one which I like, but I'm not sure if I should buy it as it is quite expensive.

Number one.

It contains 2 GB, has FM Radio on it etc ... fits 1000 songs and is pretty leet imo. But than you have those iPod mini's who are quite cool too. But they are expensive aswell compared to its worth. They only have 4 GB and cost more than the one I posted above.

BUT ... I have seen mp3 players who are as expensive as the iPod but who have 20 GB space. Quite a difference for the same price I'd say. I'm not quite sure if there any differences between mp3 players. I assume the sound quality is the same as it's the mp3 itselves which brings the quality.

Such as this Creative Mp3 player with 20 GB which is only a little more expensive than an iPod mini and actually has more options aswell. (such as voice recording) :

Number two.

Any of you can help me ? Which mp3 player should I buy ?? Is there anything I should pay attention for when buying one ? Help me !!!
    7:Barton> hi tats
    7:Barton> still no smod?
    7:Barton> :(
    7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
    7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
    3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

I'm seriously doubting between the Zen Touch and the iPod or iPod mini now ...
    On one hand, the Zen has the same storage as the iPod, is about as large as it, is a bit heavier but the battery lasts for 24 hrs while the iPod is only 8hrs maximum. And the Zen is cheaper than the iPod.

But on the other hand, the iPod mini is the cheapest and 4GB actually is enough aswell .. don't need to have 685434684 songs on my player. And there will still be some room to transfer files when needed.

But when you buy an iPod you're quite sure of having good quality sound and everything, while I'm not sure about the Zen Touch as it is not as popular as the iPod which is in great demand these days.
    Not sure AT ALL anymore which one to get.

Comment

I need a new Mp3 player and when I get the $ I'm buying a ZEN

If I could get my faggoty friends to signup for freeipods.com I could an ipod for free...

And so far freeipods.com is the only place i've seen send someone a free ipod.

Comment

You should just wait untill mp4 comes out, save your money.
        Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
        Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
        Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
        Catgirl> rofl
        Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
        fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
        fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
        Kim> loool
        fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

What is mp4 ?? :S

Comment

I have a first generation iPod mini and I love it. I looked at other MP3 players, but actually holding them was what pushed me toward the iPod.

I have some friends that have the Zen, and while they are happy with their purchases, they're always eyeing my iPod mini. Plus it's kinda cool how many random conversations startup at school just because people see me with an iPod.

And contrary to popular belief, you can take songs off your iPod. Just connect it and browse it as a hard drive (make sure you show all hidden files). They're not in any order, and they are reduced to 27.3 length filenames, but they are there.

Oh, and I've always hated those earbud things the iPod comes with. The first thing I did when I got my iPod was replace the headphones with Sony's MDR-A35 headphones. They're lightweight, sturdy, and foldable.
            Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Originally posted by Anduril.
              What is mp4 ?? :S
              It's like an mp3 player but it plays movies along with audio files, music videos ect ect. I think they have it in Japan atm.
              Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
              Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
              Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
              Catgirl> rofl
              Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
              fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
              fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
              Kim> loool
              fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

So Saturn .. if you had to chose again between the Zen or the iPod mini (you've seen them both cuz u have the iPod and ur friends got the Zen) which one would you chose ?
                Keeping the price/quality/comfort/everything.. in mind. ^-^

Comment

We have mp4 players over here, theyre pretty crap really, people use them to put stupid clips on, and right now, you can't fit too much onto them.

I'd get the Zen no doubt, Philips HDD series are known to have bad overheating problems which causes regular crashes with their players. Steer clear.

Comment

go for the ipod mini, sure the battery will only last for about 7 hours but thats never been a problem to me.

Comment

But what about the iPod mini ?
                      It's a bit cheaper as the Zen, and when I read reviews it should be a very good mp3 player.
                      But when I read Zen reviews it appears to be a good mp3 player aswell, but some ppl whine about the quality of the earphones you get with it. But that shouldn't be a problem as you can buy other ones, and I doubt I'll even notice the difference. The Zen has a larger disk space (20 GB, iPod mini 4GB ), but is a bit larger and heavier. But on the other hand the battery lives for 24 hrs in the Zen , and the iPod mini only lasts for 8 hrs and the new mini should be 18 hrs.
                      I've read lots of comments about the iPod battery, but it might be the old version of the mini.

So when I base my opinion on the reviews I have read and the things I think myself, I'd go for the Zen. BUT why is the iPod sooooooo popular than and I had never heard about the Zen before ? Also I heard that you can't sport/jogging with the Zen as the HDD might get broken cuz of that, while it should be possible with the iPod.
                      So I'm very confused ... my heart goes for the Zen, but my brains go for the iPod mini.

Comment

iPods are a fad with most people I know who have them, they have them just because someone else bought one. To be honest, I would say you are better to go for the Zen.

I've jogged with my Zen and its been absolutely fine.

Comment

Ohhh you got a Zen ??
                          Is it possible to put other files (like movies and stuff) on it to transfer it to another pc ? I read that the other pc needs some kind of software. Quite diff if you wanna transfer stuff from a school pc or to a friends pc who doesnt have the software.
                          Is that right ?
                          Got more things to tell about the Zen and why I should take the zen and not the iPod ?

Comment

Thats one thing I have wondered since I got my Zen but havent yet tried. It has a separate directory for files, I think it could double up as a portable plug n play hard disk but I am not sure if it requires the software to be installed in order for it to work. I will try it tomorrow in college and I'll tell you what happens at about lunch time tomorrow

As for more information, all I can say is the Zen is awesome and its definitely better than the iPod in my opinion, but as you say we all have different tastes, but there's no reason I can see that you would be disappointed with it, its one of the best things I have bought.

Comment

Please do that, because I think I remember something that I read that the Zen is not a plug 'n play device. And that you need special software on both pc's to transfer the files.
                              Please try it and tell me.. if it's possible it would be good enough for me and I'd go for the Zen.
                              Another thing .. how do you put your music on the Zen ? You need a special program for that, or you just copy paste ur music to an additional disk or something?

Plz plz plz tell me about ur college transfer tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X