Wireless help again please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless help again please!

Hi, I have a BT 205 ADSL Router connected to a D-Link Wireless router via ethernet. Everything works fine until now, (I mean I've used it for 2-3 months with no probs) my connection all of a sudden disconects (as in red cross in task bar thingy) and then automatically reconects like half a second later, this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't keep getting signed out of MSN every minute and having to restart my torrent downloads. It can go hours without doing it then do it 5 times in 7 minutes. RandoM!
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

Just reinstall the shizzle. That'll work
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I get similar problems with the BT Voyager 1040, and after consulting google i discovered that the broadcasting signal on most wireless transmitters is very weak.
      It's also affected by poor outdoor weather in my experience, don't ask me why but if it's windy/raining outside it will probably lag like hell <_<

The only solution is try to give it an easy through way to the reciever, so open all the doors along the way, and close any that the signal is going to get lost through.

There are some extreme solutions on the net.. like using Tin foil to create a "dish-like" receptor on the opposite side of your reciever... so it catches the signal better.. but i haven't tried those :P
      STARKITTY
      A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

If anyones actually used tin foil like that I would like to personally ask you to get out more.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Its a practical, cheap and good idea. Couldn't take more than a couple of minutes to set up, especially if you use a pie tin.

Comment

lol i like pie $... if you don't feel like going to the extreme though.. you could buy a bounce point to put in between your reciever and receptor to boost the signal.
            Otherwise get used to lagging like your in a thunderstorm, when there's only a little wind.
            STARKITTY
            A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
              lol i like pie $... if you don't feel like going to the extreme though.. you could buy a bounce point to put in between your reciever and receptor to boost the signal.
              Otherwise get used to lagging like your in a thunderstorm, when there's only a little wind.
              For the do it yourselfer, you best bet is the a cantena. Basically, just a pringles can with the antena stuck inside. It works great as a directional antena.

Comment

So for those of us using PCI cards as our recievers would you like to explain how the hell we're supposed to do that... :wub:
                Thank You Goodbye
                STARKITTY
                A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Hawking antenna cheap

Might be useful. I just ordered one.
                  http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...661&dcaid=1688

Comment

Working...
                  X