About TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About TWD

Thanks Thorkell for pointing out that no staffer mentioned anything about TWD being down. I've been out of town for the past week, so I wasn't aware of the problem.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is seeing as I'm not a programmer and I don't speak their language. I will do some more inquiring when I get home from my classes today. I do know, however, that the problem was with our hubbot RoboQueen. It is also my understanding that RoboQueen will be put back online as soon as our emails get through to PriitK. Hopefully that will be in the next couple days. The TWD bots are spawned off of RoboQueen, so TWD should be back up and running as soon as the queen is.

Right on. Thanks for the update man.
    Mootland Farmer> Yeah, I have bad toe fetish. Like a koala and gum leaves kinda fetish.

Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Thorkell <ZH>> Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Comment

u kno if u take an i and a t out of Priitk it says prik
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

You know, if you take the m's and the a out of summa, and add a T, a P, an I and a D you get ...
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

Can someone explain my why forums and shizzle were down for like....36 hours?!
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

The server which houses the database for the forum and matches (among many other things) was down. I'm not quite sure what the cause of that downtime was, but there in all the resultant problems is the effect.

As for RoboQueen, I believe it had to do with the fact that a great number of requests to the database were piling up, due to not being processed, eventually resulting in the consumption of all the bot's memory--crash boom. Don't quote me on that, though. Ask qan or Jacen for a reliable answer.
            FREE MANDELA

Comment

Roboqueen was down due to some power failure.. that's why it took so long... we needed needed Priitk. I don't know why it's down again though, King keeps crashing on us also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                Roboqueen was down due to some power failure.. that's why it took so long... we needed needed Priitk. I don't know why it's down again though, King keeps crashing on us also.

Dirty King and Queen... What do they think they run the place? :P
                Mootland Farmer> Yeah, I have bad toe fetish. Like a koala and gum leaves kinda fetish.

Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Thorkell <ZH>> Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Comment

Working...
                X