Hard drive problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard drive problem

I went to install madden 2005 before and it said not enough space to install on C and when I looked there was only 400mb remaining and I knew I had more than this. I un-installed painkiller which was 3.8Gb and moved 5Gb of videos to my G drive, when I went back to see how much space was left now and it said 436mb I ran a virus and spyware scan and this hasnt helped but in the 2 hours time it took to do this the C drive has risen to 667mb. I really have no clue what is going on , I have tried restarting and this hasnt helped, i'd be greatful for any suggestions.
    Scumbag> You have a heatsink dont you?

Games history

Music history

Originally posted by smertin
    I went to install madden 2005 before and it said not enough space to install on C and when I looked there was only 400mb remaining and I knew I had more than this. I un-installed painkiller which was 3.8Gb and moved 5Gb of videos to my G drive, when I went back to see how much space was left now and it said 436mb I ran a virus and spyware scan and this hasnt helped but in the 2 hours time it took to do this the C drive has risen to 667mb. I really have no clue what is going on , I have tried restarting and this hasnt helped, i'd be greatful for any suggestions.
    why would you want to install Madden anyway?
    Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
    oNe-t> YEAH
    nopcode> before going out
    funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
      why would you want to install Madden anyway?
      ROFL :grin:

so true, EA are jackasses anyways.. buying the NFL contract away from Sega, and the sega game was way better this year -_-
      Touch me, touch me now!

Comment

Run chkdsk, scandisk or whatever it's that you have for the drive.

Comment

Or try defrag
          "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Thanks, ill try both and let you know how it goes.

Games history

Music history

Comment

For me the Free Space thing only seems to update when I restart.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Nothing worked, but i left the computer on overnight and now its on 5.84Gb so ill just leave it until its fully updated. Thanks for the help anyway.

Games history

Music history

Comment

Also try a windows update.
                  "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    Also try a windows update.
                    windows update always pisses up on me when i use it, another problem for people to sort out :P

nah help Smertin out, he needs it more
                    Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                    oNe-t> YEAH
                    nopcode> before going out
                    funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Smertin, fyi- referral links arent allowed on these forums.

Comment

ignore this. didnt read a post then i did and now my post makes no sense where it was so y r u still reading this. i said to ignore it
                        Last edited by iKillburger; 04-15-2005, 10:38 PM.

Comment

What is happening.
                          Ok... heres whats going on. When you write something to your hard drive, and then later either move it to another drive or delete it, the data stays there. The sector the data is in is simply marked as vacant and the computer will write over it when you put enough new data on it.
                          Data recovery software uses this to recover lost or overwritten files.
                          Also there is software out there that can be used to wipe this data off your drives.
                          -Magi-

What I've felt, what I've known, never shined unto what I've shown. Never me. Never see. Wont see what might have been.
                          What I've felt, what I've known, never shined unto what I've shown. Never free. Never me. So i dub thee Unforgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by MagiWyvern
                            What is happening.
                            Ok... heres whats going on. When you write something to your hard drive, and then later either move it to another drive or delete it, the data stays there. The sector the data is in is simply marked as vacant and the computer will write over it when you put enough new data on it.
                            Data recovery software uses this to recover lost or overwritten files.
                            Also there is software out there that can be used to wipe this data off your drives.
                            Defrag should fix this as well, like someone said earlier.

Comment

thanks but its sorted now i left it on overnight and it slowly restored to what it should have been. thanks anyway.

Games history

Music history

Comment

Working...
                              X