Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new ?go angellbase Thread (from TWD forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new ?go angellbase Thread (from TWD forum)

When you look at the base, you have 1 real path upward and one path into the base. You cram a bunch of spiders and sharks at the top. Game continues into the flagroom when someone fucks up on the defending team. And there is where the game gets a bit crazy. You don't really know what's gonna happen except 2 teams are gonna go for a flag and the terr has got to die eventually and we'll begin again.

My problem is, there is no thought involved until both teams are in the flagroom at the same time. The defenders know where the attack is gonna come from and when. They know what they're attacking. And they know, if we cram a bunch of spiders and sharks in this small hole, and don't fuck up for 15 minutes, we'll win. The basing game has become a system of tasks that you must do over and over again in an endless loop until the game ends.

I want to propose to have 3 viable, feasable entrances to the flag room. We have the two side entrances, but they're so horribly crammed that a team can't make any swift move up there. I mean 3 holes that are the same size (or close) to the center path.

And then make 2 entrances into the flagroom. More flagroom battles less dicking around with sharks sumoing eachother and spiders taking pot shots behind them. More tactics and less monotony of "shoot shoot rep rep rep die shoot shoot rep rep rep die".

And with the more action inside the flagroom, make it larger with more objects inside it. Still keep the one flag inside of it. Just more room to move and dodge and fight.

Basing version 2.0. More flagroom battles, more action, more flag contention, and less hiding behind sharks.

Try it in ?go base2 and see how the game plays out. Hell, I'll make the map if someone will post it for me.
    DELETED

No terriers, just autowarp into a safezone in the ears
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
      No terriers, just autowarp into a safezone in the ears
      Wouln't work.
      lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Sucky ideas.

Comment

Yes it would -_-
          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I think we should try bding in 2flag

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
              Yes it would -_-
              No it wouldn't! If spawn spot would be in ear it would suck. When another team pushes losers to ear they can't get out of there. Maybe with many spawn spots? Just no.

Originally posted by Rab
              I think we should try bding in 2flag
              Better idea.

Edit: Few mistakes.
              lemar> im seriously gonna get someone to hack your name and disolve that shit sqd of yours

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                I want to propose to have 3 viable, feasable entrances to the flag room. We have the two side entrances, but they're so horribly crammed that a team can't make any swift move up there. I mean 3 holes that are the same size (or close) to the center path.

And then make 2 entrances into the flagroom. More flagroom battles less dicking around with sharks sumoing eachother and spiders taking pot shots behind them. More tactics and less monotony of "shoot shoot rep rep rep die shoot shoot rep rep rep die".

And with the more action inside the flagroom, make it larger with more objects inside it. Still keep the one flag inside of it. Just more room to move and dodge and fight.

Try it in ?go base2 and see how the game plays out. Hell, I'll make the map if someone will post it for me.
                umm... ?go boki
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

dont change base, i like the fact that a decent terr and 2 decent sharks are 70% of a decent team
                  8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                  8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                  8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                  8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                  8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                  8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Spawning in the ear wouldn't work, cause the defending team would overpower the attacking team and just spawn people as they warp in.
                    DELETED

Comment

Spawning in the ear wouldn't work, cause the defending team would overpower the attacking team and just spawn people as they warp in.
                      Yes that I was saying. :P

Comment

excuse the shitty drawing, I did it in 5 seconds. But that's more or less what I was thinking.

Black = Wall
                        Red = path available.

The path goes up to the left and right of the entrance as well. Put holes in those little dead ends.

The Flagroom has 2 like-sized entrances.
                        DELETED

Comment

The Flagroom has 2 like-sized entrances.
                          That flagroom and entrance looks nice.

Comment

?go boki

The flagroom fighting is fun and all, but I'm starting to feel it's becoming boring too. A bigger flagroom maybe? Or a flagroom with 3 flags, on the left, on the right and in the middle? I dunno.

Bue yeah I still think that different basing maps should be tested in ?go base or ?go base2.
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

There are other possible ways, without changing the maps, to address the issues the DA makes....

1. Add a rare Thor green in spawn area only. It might be that teams then have a player run around and seek out the Thor Hammer, especially if they were very far behind in the game. One Thor and the cram is broken.

2. Same for a lev. Allow one in the game and it might be used occasionally to bomb from above, the same way modern military uses high flying air power to soften up the ground resistance. Give levs decoys too?

Comment

Working...
                              X