What a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a joke

What is the point of making rules you won't enforce? There are so many people who willingly admit they are on many squads, as much as 5 for a few people, and nothing is ever done about it.

What is so hard about making a script to go in and log all the the users on the same machine/ip and do something about it? Why is it that people have found out a way to register as many names as they want and nothing is done about it?

This league is turning into a joke more and more, it's almost impossible to get a real squad going because half your roaster is on atleast 30 other squads and log only when there is a match.

There would have to be many things done, not all by staff, to make the league better, but this would be a good place to start.

If you don't know how to catch people with scripts and what not you shouldn't even be a part of the staff, there are tons of games out there with a player base 1/10th the size of this zone that require much more in new staffers and they manage, why is it that a game with this many people is being run by a majority with little or no clue?

Sorry if this turned into a semi-flame but I can't dance around facts.

You are very misinformed. There are a lot less double squadders than you claim here, I assume your "on at least 30 other jokes" was a deliberate exaggeration.

When double squadders are found, action is taken.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

You caught me, it was an exaggeration. However, that does not change the fact that there ARE lots of double squaders and they will never be caught. What kind of wold would we live in if cops only arrested people who shot somebody in front of the station? The staff has to take an aggressive attitude towards the problem not just pretend it doesn't exist, or only on a small level so they dont have to do anything about it.

Comment

Yeah, action usually is taken whether you see it or not. Instead, why dont you just inform Squadowner/Captain and leave it to them to axe and remove that person from the squad. You could use ?cheater, but that might get annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Savageee
          The staff has to take an aggressive attitude towards the problem not just pretend it doesn't exist, or only on a small level so they dont have to do anything about it.
          !register, can it get more aggressive?

Comment

Well, first you have that batch of players who wanna be cool or whatever by saying they're on 5 squads. Usually, they're full of shit, and just wanna have a shread of internet street cred.

Then you have the legitimate ones. Before players can even get a 2nd name (or more, for that matter), they gotta pass a long interview process with a TWD op. We change it up alot so each one is different. Not like there's any set answers for it.

Mainly players who double squad register names on other computers, lans, change their IPs, etc*. In a way, it's kinda unenforcable when it comes down to that, except by word of mouth and witness accounts. So then we get that info and ban where necessary.

But, before the !register system was even implimented, it was kinda bad, but after that, the DSing problem has decreased sharply. There's always gonna be DSers just like there will always be TKers or any other cheater, criminal, *etc*. It's all a matter of just cracking down where and when we can.
            DELETED

Comment

Anyone who are sexually aroused by being on multiple squads in a 2d spaceship internet game can do it for all I care.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

i know enough ppl who are dsing nothing in tw is failsave not even bans
                Originally posted by Kolar
                My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Working...
                X