Genetic Homosexuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genetic Homosexuals

Science continues to prove that sexual preference and homosexuality is completely 100% Generic.

I am strait -- Not that there's anything wrong with that.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=644275

Sexuality determined by nature or nurture? Fruit fly gives the answer
    By Tom Anderson
    05 June 2005

The long-running scientific debate about whether homosexuality is determined by nature or nurture is dramatically closer to resolution after new scientific evidence was published yesterday.

Biotechnologists have found evidence that sexuality is, after all, determined by genes and not environment. Researchers discovered a single "switch gene" that swaps the sexual orientation of males and females.

In the research, published yesterday, genetically altered male fruit flies spurned females and became attracted to other males. Genetically altered females engaged in complex male mating rituals, vibrating their wings, licking other female flies' genitalia and curling their backs ready for copulation. They rebuffed males that tried to mate with them.

The heated debate about the nature of gay sexual orientation has divided opinion for decades, with many gay men and women saying that they were born homosexual. Anti-homosexual activists say that gay sexual orientation is learnt and can be "cured" with psychological help.

The paper's lead author, Barry Dickson, senior scientist at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna, said: "We have shown that a single gene in the fruit fly is sufficient to determine all aspects of the flies' sexual orientation and behaviour," he said. "It's very surprising."

Dr Michael Weiss, chairman of biochemistry at Ohio University, was as surprised at the findings. "It seems that none of us chooses our sexuality. It just happens. The results are so clean and compelling, the whole field of the genetic roots of behaviour is moved forward tremendously by this work," he said.

"Hopefully this will take the discussion about sexual preferences out of the realm of morality and put it in the realm of science."

There's no way that genetics have anything to do with choices in humans. That's just my belief. It's like saying our future is already mapped out and we have no say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
      There's no way that genetics have anything to do with choices in humans.
      assuming that you are strait, when you hit puberty (genetically controlled) a biological process occurred and you started liking girls. this wasnt a choice. its looks pretty obvious to me the same thing happens to gays except they start liking same sex

Comment

I liked girls way before puberty.

Comment

Sorry, it's bugging me.

straight*
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

strait*

He's George Strait, Panda.

And as far as this topic goes: lol
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Wasn't it also discovered that homosexual men are attracted to the same pheromones that attract women, whether this is more proof of genetic homosexuality I don't know. Personally I believe homosexuality comes down to both nature and nurture.

Comment

There's no way that genetics have anything to do with choices in humans. That's just my belief.
                Yeah. People that are allergic to bees fucking choose it. The assholes.
                People that need glasses? Have Asthma? High Blood Pressure? Diabetes? Various Cancers? Schizophrenia? Arthritis? All choices, it's their own damn fault. Honest.

Before the first comparison is made of homosexuality to a disease: It isn't. All the above diseases are, are just switches turned one way or another. It just depends on how that switch manifests itself determines whether or not it's called a disease.

You can have the belief that genetics play no role in the choices you make, and who you are, but that doesn't stop your belief from being completely and totally wrong.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
                  strait*

He's George Strait, Panda.

And as far as this topic goes: lol
                  Don't you have packing to do?

PS - straight*
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

youll never get be to use ' or change spellings
                    i guess i used one in there's above because its a seinfield quote

panda you made me just realize i have some sort of personal problem with gh, i also type nite instead of ni__t
                    Last edited by Tone; 06-05-2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I had to read that first line about 3 times before I understood it.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

You also said that homosexuality is 100% generic.

You copy and pasted the entire article except for two lines, could you at least check those for typos?! :P
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Twep, I think it's important to realize that a psychological characteristic (straight vs. gay) is no less determined by genetics than physical characteristics. Just like how you can forcibly suppress being gay through willpower and making yourself interact with only women, you can also get various surgeries or treatments for physical characteristics, but to say that a person who is born gay (assuming this transfers to humans) chooses to remain that way is kinda excessive.
                          - k2

Comment

This thread has blown my entire concept of humans out of the water,
                            just when i thought i had this species and it workings wrapped up

but i still think that sexual orientation is a matter of choice rather than genetics
                            Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                            oNe-t> YEAH
                            nopcode> before going out
                            funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

There's no way that genetics have anything to do with choices in humans. That's just my belief. It's like saying our future is already mapped out and we have no say in it.
                              You're denser than diamonds.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X