Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javs

Are javs a problem?

In my opinion, they are. Not all javs, but some give the others a bad name.

People like playing jav. Because they can bounce a bomb, and don't need too much precision if the enemy is near a wall.

Changing the jav completely in a manner that has a very noticeable change (Ie like a weasel-nightwasp change, or levi-modified levi (tested month or so ago)change) will annoy people and they won't stand for it.

So any changes to jav must either be very subtle or all other tw ships changed around jav.

I suggest this for a jav change that might help: Decrease the bomb radius. This could: a) decrease accidental teamkilling b) require more precision c)decrease kills from bombs exploded a fair distance away when on low energy.

Is such a change possible?

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

If javs are a problem, what are levs? :P

Comment

Now this is something that I wouldn't like. I do not agree! Why should we who actually can play the javelin suffer becuase of the newcomers?! It actually fun to blow things up with the jav bomb, you actually feel good, when you make a nice 4fer or even a 5fer.

But thats just me.. :>
      Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Oh and also d) making jav far less effective for the purpose it is used right now.

Javs are supposed to kill people using the bomb radius. I'd say over half of kills in basing with jav are not direct hits.(?go base) Javs are supposed to kill people through wall, break cram etc. If you take the blast away, jav becomes very slow wb with very slow bullets that bounce once.

Comment

The Javelin is perhaps (at least it is in my opinion) the best balanced and planned ship in the history of Subspace. Why change it?
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I just don't like the sheer number of javs.
            It actually fun to blow things up with the jav bomb, you actually feel good, when you make a nice 4fer or even a 5fer.
            I know, which is why so many people use jav.

Maybe its because I weasel too much, weasels can take less damage and seem far more susceptible to the splash. But also spidering/sharking I've been blown up on attach by random bombs.

If javs are a problem, what are levs?
            You know, I Can't remember the last time I saw a levi. *hides in sheltered pub*

Comment

Is such a change possible?
              No.
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

The jav is not to be touched upon. Keep your filthy hands off the yellow ship.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                  Maybe its because I weasel too much, weasels can take less damage and seem far more susceptible to the splash.
                  Weasel = low energy. Weasel = small (but easy to hit with a bomb hitting near.) Weasel can cloak but a jav doesn't need to predict the location of the weasel too accurately to kill it.

I think I can see now why this thread exists. :P

Comment

Yeah, you got me. :P

Comment

If you touch the javelin.. you touch me
                      help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                        The Javelin is perhaps (at least it is in my opinion) the best balanced and planned ship in the history of Subspace. Why change it?
                        Firstly, quoted for truth.

Secondly, you should be thankful that it's mostly basers that come here, since the belim players would dismember you.

Leave the Javelin alone.
                        G[y]Ro> omfg
                        G[y]Ro> u nerds
                        G[y]Ro> NERDS
                        G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

I don't think changing a ship that has a whole league based on it would go down too well...
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

If anything, improving the ship's stats might actually fix some of its flaws. The problem with javs is that people like to sit and use the bounce to make fancy shots, but don't know how to time those shots to avoid tks. When asked why javs like to park and lob, the response I hear is that they aren't fast enough to compete in the open space against warbirds and spiders. More often than not, the problem javs are the ones who won't move.

Comment

Why the hell would you want to change a Jav, its already balanced.
                              The solution to the problem with too many javs in pubs is not to change the ship, but to limit the numbers. But again, its all very contorversial -_-
                              :whistling

Comment

Working...
                              X