3 keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 keys

I bought a new laptop (Acer Travelmate 4100) and while playing subspace I can not move backwards, left and shoot at the same time. I'm very used to being able to do this since I've played like it on my othr pc always and shoot while moving. Hope someone will be able to help me out.
    Only the loyal count.

Originally posted by Sumpson
    I bought a new laptop (Acer Travelmate 4100) and while playing subspace I can not move backwards, left and shoot at the same time. I'm very used to being able to do this since I've played like it on my othr pc always and shoot while moving. Hope someone will be able to help me out.
    Some keyboards just can't do it...there might be a way, but I have the same issue with my laptop...Pavement's old PC keyboad could do it, but the new one can't.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

As I already told you in-game, it's most likely a problem with the keyboard. On different keyboards, the keys you can press at the same time differ. It's a laptop, but I don't see why the same thing wouldn't apply here.

If you really want to play on that laptop, I'd suggest you change keymappings. Laptops usually have different key layout anyways, so you'd still have to learn new keys.

Well, you could also use external keyboard.

Comment

You did tell me that in-game but I have no idea how to do that :X
        Only the loyal count.

Comment

There should be programs out there that put a virtual keyboard on your screen so that you can test the combinations. My keyboard can take as little as 3 keys at the same, but if you press the right keys you can get up to 15 (Left Shift, Left Control, X, C, S, D, E, R, 1, Scroll Lock, Print Screen, Up Arrow, Right Arrow, Numpad 2 and Numpad 4)!

Old keyboards are best for multiple simultaneous keystrokes since back then they made good stuff instead of saving on every penny they could.
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

For people who want to know how to change keymappings:
            Go to the profile window in the window you get when you start Continuum. (View -> Profiles) Then click the "Key Defs" button.

Comment

Wahh, i changed my fire key into Z because I cant move backwards, left and shoot at the same time with control. now with Z I cant move backwards, right and shoot at same time :S
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                I had the same problem with my old keyboard, i could not move foward and left and shoot at the same time, now with my new keyboard i can but ive ajusted my game style to where i dont need to, if you cant work around it its not going to fix itself, u might have to get a new one.
                4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                4:Geio> DEEZ?
                4:Geio> LOLOL
                4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                4:spirit> LOL
                4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

i stumbled across a link to good, old fashioned, quality IBM keyboards.

http://www.pckeyboard.com/
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I have sort of a keyboard problem too, that I noticed on rare occasions.

If I hold down LEFT SHIFT and rapidly press arrow keys, the internal speaker BEEPS and the screen locks up.

It happens rare, cause not often I press different arrow keys at a fast rate.

So I assume its either the keyboard which has a keyboard processor and which has a small key stack buffer. Or it could be the BIOS.

Yeah, maybe its your laptop's BIOS or use an external keyboard with it. Let us know if you fix this, would be good to know incase others have the same problem.

Comment

I sent an e-mail to some guy who had a website all about key-boards, he already replyed I will get back to him about it and hope he will be able to help.
                      Buying a new keyboard aint much of an option since im on a laptop :/
                      Only the loyal count.

Comment

im on a laptop permanantly and have never come across that problem, veird ja

maybe it is different models or whatever
                        Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                        oNe-t> YEAH
                        nopcode> before going out
                        funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
                          im on a laptop permanantly and have never come across that problem, veird ja

maybe it is different models or whatever

I think its just that some keybords have restrictions, I had the same problem with my last keybord I couldnt rush left and up at the same time, I didnt fix it, I just learned to move backwards instead :fear:
                          Last edited by Rumpnisse; 07-24-2005, 05:41 AM.
                          1:Graner> i heard da1's sign in tw forums was "1:Graner> like i'd know a girl irl, lol"
                          1:Graner> jeansi told me that
                          1:Graner> i was totally wtf
                          1:Rumpnisse> rofl?
                          1:Graner> AND BTW!
                          1:Graner> i talked to one on wednesday
                          1:Rumpnisse> ur mom? :/
                          NOTICE: Game over

Comment

All keyboards have restrictions, they just have different restrictions. And all laptops aren't similar.

Comment

http://www.kelkoo.nl/sitesearch/go.j...A%09%09%09&orw

I just bought that one, had to find one with USB for laptop, I dont like the keyboard on laptop too much anyway, I better be able to use my keys on this one :X
                              Only the loyal count.

Comment

Working...
                              X