Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"disconnects on loading arena's" and "people not seeing my bombs" problem [solved]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "disconnects on loading arena's" and "people not seeing my bombs" problem [solved]

The problems i describe below are already solved. The reason I post them here is that if anyone is having the same problems, here is the way how I got them solved:

The problems:
    "disconnects on loading arena's"
    This problem was very annoying, it was unpossible for me to join an arena while being in ss. It would load very slowly and eventually it disconnected. Luckily I could still switch arena's when I switched to chat mode.

"people not seeing my bombs/bullets"
    My ?lag showed "Current: 90ms Average: 90ms High: 120ms S2C=0.0% C2S=0.0%", seems ok I thought, but after playing a bit. I noticed people didnt die that often to my bombs or bullets. When asking around, people said they didnt see many bombs or bullets coming from me.
    It happened just to often to be only bad luck. So after asking a moderator to check my weapon packetloss, he told me I didnt have any weapon packetloss.
    And I don't believe whole TW is cheating. So the problem must be somewhere at my side.

After asking around a bit, no one seemed to know how to solve those two problems, nor did they seen them before.
    I tried several things:
    - Reinstalling continuum
    - playing a bit with the settings of continuum
    - Upgrading continuum to 0.39-pre-release 1
    - Reinstalling windows xp

None of these solved the problem.
    The problems only started after I bought some new hardware for my computer.
    So during a night a ran memtest86+ (a programe that checks if the memory is causing errors). When I looked at the log page the next morning, I saw a rather large list full of errors. It didnt look that well. So I went into the bios. Checked if all value's were as they are supposed to be.
    Then I noticed a rather odd setting. There was a setting that optimized my computer if set. It was set by default. But to optimize my computer it highered some of the voltage settings, causing my memory to fail... After setting the value to "manual", in other words "off", I ran memtest86+ again. This time it gave none errors what so ever.

Starting up continuum i noticed my problems were gone.
    So if you get odd problems in continuum, it might just be your memory.
    Or some bios that is trying to "optimize" your computer.

Hope this will help someone in the future,

Fantus

problem solved
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

EDIT: I need to learn to read
      Last edited by Ewan; 08-15-2005, 06:27 PM.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
        Fancy posting how it was solved please? It's no good for anyone else if you just put "solved"
        I already said how...
        "Then I noticed a rather odd setting. There was a setting that optimized my computer if set. It was set by default. But to optimize my computer it highered some of the voltage settings, causing my memory to fail... After setting the value to "manual", in other words "off", I ran memtest86+ again. This time it gave none errors what so ever."

To make it more clear:

- I went into the bios
        - There is a setting, reads "System Performance" its default to "Optimized" (but this increases some voltages, which caused my memory to fail)
        - Set this value to "manual"
        - Check if voltages are back to normal

PS: jappeuuuh, I guess your the smartest at home too?

Comment

Last edited by Ewan : Today at 11:27 PM.

wish it wasn't solved and you were permadisconnected4life

:wub:
          LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

Wouldn't it be fun if the memory error only affected other people's bombs and not yours? :O
            (Would it technically be cheating?)
            Last edited by Kuukunen; 08-15-2005, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
              Wouldn't it be fun if the memory error only affected other people's bombs and not yours? :O
              (Would it technically be cheating?)
              Cheating is getting an unfair advantage over the rest. It would be something like having a gamepad with an auto-trigger function on it. If you turn it on x-radar, you wont lose energy while having x-radar on. This is considered cheating in subspace, so I guess they will deal the same with people who have bad memory. Hence they wouldn't even care if it was the memory what's causing it.

(In my case it was an unfair disadvantage )

Comment

But if you're born with crazy talents, that gives you unfair advantage too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                  But if you're born with crazy talents, that gives you unfair advantage too.
                  LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X