c2s probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c2s probs

Ok so, i was usin my computer and it was doing fine and everything, but then my harddrive pretty much just flat out died, i dont know much about computers, so my brother fixed it and put in a new hardrive and everything and put in another ram stick, and the computer works fine and everything, and there is basically nothing on the computer running, the only real thing that is running is Norton antivirus just so i dont get another virus, cuz i have a habit of getting them :P I started up cont and i got in then got specced for ploss, and ive Never in my life been specced for ploss unless it was the servers fault, so i figured the server was havin trouble, but then i checked my lag and its at:
    PING Current:10 ms Average:20 ms Low:10 ms High:70 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 33.4%

I used to have:
    PING Current:10 ms Average:20 ms Low:10 ms High:70 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.1%

so im just wondering if theres anything that i should try where i can get my c2s down, til then i cant play, thnks in advance B)
    Last edited by RoDNeY; 07-22-2006, 09:57 PM.
    Big Chill

once you re-installed windows, did you remember to re-install your modem drivers? if you have a modem or router do they have a self-install program you need to run?
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

i dont think i did, but ill try it
      Big Chill

Comment

192.168.1.1 (default router ip), put it in internet explorer and mess with some things. my router has caused multiple lag problems and other things (such as preventing AIM from connecting). wouldnt doubt for a second that it's the router, but other than that update your drivers.

Comment

its 2 laggy to connect to WoW too, gah ill try mais
          Big Chill

Comment

i still have this problem, if anyone knows any other things i can try thanks
            Big Chill

Comment

its client side so it has to me something with your modem or network card, how fast does the comp run normal (non internet) apps. if your HDD is lagging terribly that would cause client side lag too. are you on a router or straight off the modem?
              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

Evasive <E> wtf
              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
              caco <ER>> )Oo
              caco <ER>> bot thief!
              Evasive <E> no!
              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

im straight off the modem, the computer runs fine non internet, i just dunno what to do i can hardly go on the internet anymore
                Big Chill

Comment

man thats a wierd situation. try this: go into device manager and completely uninstall your network card, restart and let it re-auto-detect it. look on the card itself and make sure the default driver windows installs is actually for the card ( i had this prob with a customer recently). if you have a linksys card and it installs a D-link driver, then you will need to go to the card manufacturer's site and install the correct driver yourself.

also, what brand\model modem do you use so i can research weather you need a driver for that too, or possibly a background process that the modem likes to have running. my modem came with a self contained setup, like i type my IP into the address bar in IE and it goes to the "2 wire setup" page.

Evasive <E> wtf
                  Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                  caco <ER>> )Oo
                  caco <ER>> bot thief!
                  Evasive <E> no!
                  Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

dunno if it helps but i also use a USB - Ethernet Adapter, i used it before and my internet ran perfect, its a Linksys USB 2.0 10/100 Adapter
                    we have an ethernet slot in our cpu but its broke so we just use that
                    my modem uhh, dunno what model and stuff it is the cable guy brought it, but i can check

i cant seem to find where to uninstall my network card either
                    Last edited by RoDNeY; 04-13-2006, 02:30 PM.
                    Big Chill

Comment

not meaning to Thread Revive but its still a problem, lately tho i have noticed my C2s Dropped from 30+ down to about 6, it allows me to pub but i still can not play in ?go base, which makes me mad, alot, i was also wondering if a Corrupt Ram Stick could be the source of this problem? mainly because when i got this new cpu i also got a new ram stick
                      Big Chill

Comment

Who knows but you are using norton anti virus which is pretty much like spyware the amount it slows down the computer...
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Ok, I am not Reviving this as to revive the thread, More of a WOO FOUND THE ANSWER type of revival incase anyone else has this same problem and cant find the answer, My brother suggested that i get a new splitter for my cable, right now it splits from the TV, to the WALL, to my TV upstairs and to the CPU, so i bought a new one, that can handle more and it worked, it turned out my old one was bitin the dust and couldnt handle the speed, my lag is gone now, thanks to all that helped.
                          regards,
                          Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                          X