Thread: NFL Draft: Texans to take Williams

NFL Draft: Texans to take Williams

The Houston Texans have agreed to terms on a deal with Mario Williams and are primed and ready to take him with the #1 pick in the NFL draft later today. Frankly I see Williams as a bust waiting to happen. The Texans could have drafted a number of players to better suit their needs. D'Brickashaw Ferguson would have been a tremendous help to their gaping o-line, Reggie Bush would have given the Houston backfield a one-two punch the likes of which hasn't been seen since the Allen/Jackson days in LA (or the Okoye/Word days in KC, if you prefer those two), Vernon Davis would have been a much appreciated target for the human tackling dummy known as David Carr.. yet they blow the #1 pick on what I foresee as the next Courtney Brown. "Super Mario" has a chance to prove me and the rest of the doubters wrong, but right now I'm disappointed in Charley Casserly and company.

The way I foresee the rest of the top 10:

2. Reggie Bush (New York Jets) - This is a no-brainer, but he's not going to the Saints. New Orleans reportedly wants to trade down to get out of this draft slot, and the Jets are willing to give up their #4 slot as well as a mid-round pick (possibly third) to move up and draft Bush. I don't need to discuss the impact he'll have.

3. Vince Young (Tennessee) - The Steve McNair Fiasco leaves the Titans in need of a QB, and while the coaches may favor Matt Leinart, Bud Adams will take a chance on Young. If this guy can work on the awkward throwing motion he has, he'll be a nightmare for every defensive coordinator in the league.

4. D'Brickashaw Ferguson (New Orleans) - Now in the #4 slot, the Saints desperately need a left tackle to replace the aging Wayne Gandy. Ferguson will become one of the best offensive tackles not only in the game today, but of all-time. He's that good.

5. Vernon Davis (Green Bay) - With Brett Favre coming back for what will almost certainly be his last stand, the Packers need to give him some good targets. Driver and Walker, assuming he recovers from his blown knee, have the WR slots filled nicely, and Bubba Franks is a solid if unspectacular TE, but look for Green Bay to upgrade that position with Davis. Favre will be pleasantly surprised by this guy's athletic ability.

6. Michael Huff (San Francisco) - I hate to see the top safety in the draft go to a team that's in such disarray, especially since it's the 49ers, but there's no getting around this. Huff is hard-hitting, and he'll be a major help to SF's abysmal secondary.

7. A.J. Hawk (Oakland) - I originally had Leinart slotted to go here, but they think they can win with Aaron Brooks, so more power to 'em. I'm sure they'd love to get Huff here, but I think they'll be satisfied with Hawk. Not only can this guy play any LB spot, he can do it WELL.

8. Brodrick Bunkley (Buffalo) - Apparently this guy is the top defensive tackle in this draft, and after losing Pat Williams the Bills' defensive line completely fell apart, so they'll use their #8 pick on him. I honestly can't say much about him.

9. Matt Leinart (Detroit) - Proof that I'm nuts: Leinart has slid all the way to #9 on my list. I figured whoever isn't taken with the #3 pick is going to slide quite a bit, and I'm sticking to that. That said, even if the Lions are committed to Joey Harrington, they'd be insane not to take Leinart if he's still available at #9. They need a linebacker, but Hawk is the only one that's worthy of a top-10 draft slot, so they'll take what they can get with this pick, and Leinart is certainly no slouch as a QB.

10. Jay Cutler (Arizona) - I'm kind of indecisive about this one. Kurt Warner has re-signed with the team, and Josh McCown is still around, but how much faith can you really have in those two? If they honestly think they can survive with Warner and McCown at the controls of that offense, they'll probably take LenDale White with this pick, but I'm going on common sense here and saying that they'll upgrade to a real QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_paul View Post
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Quote Originally Posted by Material Girl View Post
    I tried downloading a soundcard

close, but no cigar PH.

Come one Seahawks, don't draft shit.
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Who's this Donte Whitner kid? Aside from him and Ernie Sims, I guess I at least got the names right, if not the exact order. Leinart did slide as predicted, just one slot further.

Dallas appears to have drafted another bust.
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_paul View Post
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Quote Originally Posted by Material Girl View Post
    I tried downloading a soundcard

TW Beautiful People Club Nickname's Avatar
    My Saints took Bush. Kickass, very Kickass.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname
    My Saints took Bush. Kickass, very Kickass.
    .....the Texans are retarded.

They just passed on the best RB since Emmit Smith.
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

YES TEXANS ARE DUMB, AND EMMIT SMITH? lmao hes no BARRY SANDERS.

Shade's Child
    Yeah. He's won something.