No announcement yet.

Topher Grace as Venom :: Spiderman 3 ::

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's a question of which villians were original and which were popular. Mysterio wasn't that great, but I didn't care for Sandman either. Rhino was just a big, strong guy in a Rhino costume wasn't he? I loved the whole symbiant story line, but I'm surprised they are rushing it in. If they want to end the Spiderman movies at 3 it makes some sense. It would be the same thing X-Men 3 did; lots of new characters, kill some people and completely muck around with the original story line. I understand that actors age and Tobey might not want to make Spiderman movies for 10 years, but it's really tough to stay true to the original and sum up Spiderman or X-Men in 3 movies. It's a shame they couldn't have pulled a LotR and shot 3 movies all at once allowing more time to expand.

Comment

The Vulture would make an interesting enemy, and the aerial battles between him and Spidey would look great on film. They might have to have a young version of him though, as the traditional older version wouldn't be a good fit. Michael Clarke Duncan reprising his Daredevil role, the Kingpin, could be good too. An Ultimate Spider-man version of Electro would also look great.

Sandman was always an underrated villain, but I think Thomas Haden Church will fit that role well.

Comment

I completely forgot about Vulture. They could make him old for the first 15 minutes of the movie until he sucks the life from someone and changes, like the green goblin in the first movie. He makes a great villian and I just realized the Lizard would be perfect as well. It plays into Spiderman's college life, which I wouldn't mind seeing in the next movie. Oh and I'm hoping we see Black Cat at some point. It's just a matter of who has breasts large enough. Jessica Simpson has the look I'd want, but nothing else.

Comment

Elisha Cuthbert would make a good Felicia Hardy.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
            Um... no. He shouldn't even be in the top five of Spidey's foes. Mysterio was a chump. The only guys lower than him are probably Rhino and the Shocker, the kind of enemies that video game developers use to make their games longer.
            I meant that Lex and Mysterio are alike in that they both do not have actual powers.

But really, I think that Mysterio is way better than some of Spiderman's enemies. Just to name a few: Chameleon, Kingpin, Hammerhead, and even Kraven.

Comment

Thix, why do you create these movie "review" threads when you know very little about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX
                EDIT: Nevermind, i found out that a symbiote is an alien creature that acts as a parasite and can bond to a human or another life force and use them as a host, there are 3 symbiotes right? Venom, Carnage and Toxin
                No at one point there's an entire like, team of them, I read the venom saga back in the 5th grade so i can't be super sure, but there's definitely more than 3
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Mysterio could be done well if they portray his character in the way they did the Scarecrow in Batman Begins. He doesn't need to be muscle-bound like "all" the bad guys are in the Spiderman cartoon, I think he would work if they showed him as a phantom, as a creepy spook in the dark type character.

Rhino is just a retarded character. Scorpion and Rhino wouldn't seem that interesting via film, IMO. They're just petty thugs with special suits on, I don't see the point in wasting screen time on them. Black Kat could work as a love triangle for Spidey, and the Lizard could work easily and fit well in 2 hours.

I'm kind of tired of the Green Goblin though, honestly <_<

EDIT: Main guy I remember from the whole venom saga is this bad boy-

Last edited by Liquid Blue; 06-02-2006, 09:17 AM.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Vulture was in spiderman the game aswell, probably wont be in the movie series.
                    Girl if it's alright,
                    100%.

Comment

Originally posted by phata$$
                      I meant that Lex and Mysterio are alike in that they both do not have actual powers.

But really, I think that Mysterio is way better than some of Spiderman's enemies. Just to name a few: Chameleon, Kingpin, Hammerhead, and even Kraven.
                      That's like saying they're alike because they're both male. Mysterio has no inherent powers; everything's in his gadgets, but you can say the same about Doctor Octopus without his arms, the Shocker without his suit or Spencer Smyth, the guy who created the Spider-Slayers. Heck, Smyth's probably most like Luthor because of all those robots he made to fight Spider-man. He's also got a better story and motive than Mysterio who only went after Spidey because he thought he'd be an easy target. The best Spider-man villains are the ones with a personal connection to either Spidey or Peter Parker.

Comment

i make these threads because i enjoy hearing the stories from their point of view, we've got great critics on this forum along with great opinions, its interesting listning to what they have to say so i come here

Comment

I thought hobgoblin is one of the better villains in the spiderman series, then Lizard. I believe Lizard would make the 2nd best villain on screen because there is an emotional factor with his side of the story that would be great for the movies.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

is that what you meant by the picture of the black spiderman (with the symbiote) that they released?

Comment

=

Comment

yea, thats the symbiote suit

this is an actual up to date picture of Topher Grace

In the series/comics, he wasn't immensely built, he was just like Peter Parker. After he was fired from the Daily Globe, that's when he started working out and built up a hatred for Spiderman, and later on bonded with the symbiote suit.
                                Last edited by Broly; 06-02-2006, 04:38 PM.
                                Girl if it's alright,
                                100%.

Comment

Working...
                                X