Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox

Well, I've finally decided to migrate to Firefox.

Anyone got any good extensions/plugins to recommend? Also, I know there's a few sites that list them, but I can't remember.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Right, I am trying to install an extension, and I get this error message:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4098/firrefox1xg.png

I have tried clicking edit options and there is no option to enable/disable software installation. The closest is "warn me when sites attempt to install extensions/themes". I have tried ticking and unticking this, neither of which helps, I have also tried adding releases.mozilla.org (where the file is hosted) to the exceptions list, also to no avail.

EDIT: Fixed, I explored my about:config and found it was disabled in here. I guess it was from an old installation of firefox or something.
    Last edited by Ewan; 07-05-2006, 03:45 PM.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

http://adblock.mozdev.org/
      I highly recommend this addon. I've gotten rid of all those stupid flash blinking ads that say punch the monkey to win an xbox and things of that sort, as well as any other ad.

Simply add the ones they have on that website into your settings, and you can also manually add by right clicking an advertisement and using the * for stuff.

This is what my settings look like.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Don't go too wild with the extensions. Just check out the most popular ones on the extensions website. Most of those are pretty good.

Comment

I can't live without ForecastFox

Comment

i have the google notification one and imageshack one

Comment

The mouse gestures one is pretty good, even if it is just for the sole reason of zooming in to images.

Comment

lol, I still have Firefox 1.0, and never had any ad problems.
                Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                -Buddha

Comment

I dont use any ext's, but i like to try new themes. right now, i'm stuck on nautipolis by alfred kayser. that guy is a pimp when it comes to compact designs. his littlefox was my old fave before he made this one.

screenie:

Comment

This is what I currently have:

Sage - An RSS reader
                    NoScript - Blocks JavaScript and other things...can be a pain b/c so many sites use JS
                    Tabbrowser Preferences- Drag and drop to rearrange tabs, etc. I think this might be in the latest Firefox
                    Session Saver- Saves tabs when you close Fx, re-open accidentally closed tabs
                    BugMeNot- bugmenot.com
                    Image Zoom- A couple extra image things
                    BlankLast- keeps close last tab from closing the window
                    IE View- Quick launch of IE
                    Stop-or-Reload- Merge the stop/reload buttons
                    Disable Targets For DLs- Disable downloads from opening blank windows
                    All-in-One Gestures- Does a lot of different things. I only use it for rocker navigation like Opera browser.

Comment

Weren't you an ER?? :fear:

Comment

Working...
                      X