Continuum will not open :C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum will not open :C

When I open Continuum, my cursor gets the hourglass beside it or a busy signal but continuum doesn't work. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

Would like some help on this matter, please.
    Last edited by Refund!; 07-06-2006, 11:46 PM.
    (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
    (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

2:Refund> whatup ev
    2:Everett> good

right click on your desktop bar, open task manager, go to applications, click on Continuum, "End Task".

Then try again.

PS: restarting always works. :P
    else try reinstalling.
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

i tried re-downloading about 15 times. when i press ctrl+alt+delete there are like 3 Continuum.exe s moving around in the programs list. Restarting doesn't work either seeing as how it has been about 2 weeks.
      (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
      (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

Comment

fast hands! go go go... chase those Continuum.exe and kill it! ^-^
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by AcidBomber
          fast hands! go go go... chase those Continuum.exe and kill it! ^-^
          Or... you could not be stupid and just click on "Image Name" or "Name" tab to sort it by name. Then all the Continuum.exe's will be in order.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

they move around man! not sit still or else it wouldn't be a challenge, but that's not the problem, the problem is that it's not opening, or loading.

Comment

Originally posted by Refund!
              they move around man! not sit still or else it wouldn't be a challenge, but that's not the problem, the problem is that it's not opening, or loading.

your problem is that you can chase down those Continuum.exe... someone with some command experience can help you do it manually, perhaps.
              AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

why is continuum not opening up though?

Comment

problem solved, kill the thread

erm i now have another problem though, please look at the other thread made
                  Last edited by Refund!; 07-07-2006, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Refund!
                    problem solved, kill the thread
                    How did you solve it? a friend of mine can't run it to.
                    <;D-K

Comment

i didn't solve it, i tried multi-clienting, still didn't work though, sorry

Comment

argh, my screen goes black when i try to open up continuum, someone help?

Comment

i need help about this.....
                          i got the same problem :/

Comment

It has something to with a DLL file, not sure what. I've seen the same problem on some other pc's too
                            Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
                            Underground> And you win!

Comment

Panda Antivirus
                              Sophos Antivirus
                              Windows MS Antispyware

And some other Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware software.

All of these will occasioanlly mess with your Continuum.exe, making continuum think a virus is doing something and not launching. This is most likely your cause. Try uninstalling all your Antivirus/Anti-Spyware software. See if it works. If it does, reinstall each, checking after each install if it works or not. When it stops working, you've found out which it is that stops it loading.
                              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                              ---A few minutes later---
                              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                              9:Kim> UM
                              9:Kim> i didn't
                              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                              X