hacking and lostpassword and error when trying to open continuum help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacking and lostpassword and error when trying to open continuum help

When i open Continuum 1) someone stole my name, Refund and 2) it comes up Error - Unable to create zones/SSCU Trench Wars/trench3.lvl

Help
    Last edited by Refund!; 07-09-2006, 11:32 PM.
    (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
    (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

2:Refund> whatup ev
    2:Everett> good

The last problem is because of some new graphics in pub, it disconnects me too.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

As for the name, you can't really fix that. You'll have to fill out a form from SSC and see if they can do anything about it. The form can be found here: http://sscentral.com/index/index.php?node=resetform

For the level problem, make sure that permissions are set in a way so that you can write files to the levels folder. Continuum is trying to download the level file, but it cannot write the file for one reason or another. I had this problem as well, and random tinkering seemed to fix it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
      -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

I once had that if I have a map open in ssme then when you visit it you can't open it of course and yes what wini said for your name
        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by Refund!
          2) it comes up Error - Unable to create zones/SSCU Trench Wars/trench3.lvl
          You are problably running Continuum by the "Run As..." option in the menu when you right click on Continuum. By running it this way you are telling Windows to disallow any changes to files from Continuum.
          Try to run Continuum the normal way.
          Maverick
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
          Subspace Statistics Administrator
          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

I can't run it the other way because i just get a busy signal on my computer and continuum never loads. I'll try to 'tinker', thanks, if anyone else has comments please, feel free. :noexpress

Where should I go to tinker and I cannot get my name back because all of my screenshots as proof were deleted?
            Last edited by Refund!; 07-07-2006, 10:21 AM.
            (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
            (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

Comment

It's better to try to solve the original problem then using a workaround which causes other problems.

Some people used to say that Continuum not starting was either caused by firewalls, antivirusses, anti-spyware programs etc. Try to solve the (original) problem by looking at these.
              Maverick
              Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
              Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
              Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
              Subspace Statistics Administrator
              Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                You are problably running Continuum by the "Run As..." option in the menu when you right click on Continuum. By running it this way you are telling Windows to disallow any changes to files from Continuum.
                Try to run Continuum the normal way.

yeah, if you're multiclienting you'll have to close down all instances of continuum and open it once normally and download the level.

Comment

If you're still having trouble I may be able to just upload the file on yousendit, then you can just grab it.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

Could you do that Kim? Would be nice. Cause when I open Continuum regular way it rapes my computer, using over 250 MB RAM.
                    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

What ratty said Kim, that would be great, my email is gizgren@hotmail.com

I tried to macro ?go base and use that as soon as i get in as what ratty told me to do, and the same problem insisted as i couldn't load base.lvl

I tried other arenas now and i cannot open any levels. Some get into 90% d/l but then i get d/c again.

Btw, i'm not multi-clienting, clicking run as.. is the only way i can open continuum without my cursor just getting a busy signal and continuum not opening up
                      Last edited by Refund!; 07-07-2006, 08:52 PM.

Comment

run as... is how you multiclient :/ when you do run as, windows cant make changes to the files or folders of continuum. did you try reinstalling? don't know how much it will help, but it's always an option.

Comment

I own the name Refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Refund!
                            What ratty said Kim, that would be great, my email is gizgren@hotmail.com

I tried to macro ?go base and use that as soon as i get in as what ratty told me to do, and the same problem insisted as i couldn't load base.lvl

I tried other arenas now and i cannot open any levels. Some get into 90% d/l but then i get d/c again.

Btw, i'm not multi-clienting, clicking run as.. is the only way i can open continuum without my cursor just getting a busy signal and continuum not opening up
                            Come on. They said clearly a few times that you CAN NOT USE THAT METHOD OF RUNNING THE GAME if you want it to work correctly.
                            sdg

Comment

Okay Mr. Stabwound, how can I run Continuum without using Run as..
                              When i open it the 'normal' way my screen goes black and nothing happens

Comment

Working...
                              X