Norton blocking Subspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton blocking Subspace

Figured I would report this... When I logged into TW just now I got d/c a few minutes later, Norton had blocked it with the following message:
    Norton Internet Worm Protection has detected and blocked an intrusion attempt.

Intrusion: MS SQL PacketRsolution DoS.
    Intruder: swz.sscx.net(66.36.241.110)(5400).
    Risk Level: Medium.
    Protocol:UDP.
    Attacked Port: ms-sql-m(1434).

I had to go in and exclude it in order to connect to TW again. Is this normal?

Originally posted by Izrath
    Figured I would report this... When I logged into TW just now I got d/c a few minutes later, Norton had blocked it with the following message:

this should probably be in tech
    4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
    4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
    4:Geio> DEEZ?
    4:Geio> LOLOL
    4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
    4:spirit> LOL
    4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
    4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Tech Support

That should be normal. This has a list of ports you need open for Continuum http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...7&postcount=19.
      Last edited by Kolar; 07-08-2006, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Izrath

Although that's the correct IP and port, I'm not sure if Norton should be recognizing it as a "MS SQL PacketRsolution DoS" attack. In any event, you can do a couple of things....manually configure your firewall to permit inbound UDP from that IP and port while you're playing, and just go into the "programs" tab and "block" while you're not playing.

But that brings up a question I have...if you can spoof an IP address, can't you just spoof the TW server IP and penetrate a user's computer through port 5400? Not like I have anything to compromise, but I would still like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation
          But that brings up a question I have...if you can spoof an IP address, can't you just spoof the TW server IP and penetrate a user's computer through port 5400? Not like I have anything to compromise, but I would still like to know.
          Nobody knows? I thought you guys were 1337 h4x0rz.

Comment

I don't know much about it, but maybe this website can give some ideas.
            http://www.iss.net/security_center/a...ng/default.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline Rush
              I don't know much about it, but maybe this website can give some ideas.
              http://www.iss.net/security_center/a...ng/default.htm
              that relates to TCP and has nothing to do with subspace.

subspace uses UDP.

Spoofing packets wouldnt work as the connection is encrypted the spoofed packed would be ignored by the continuum client.

norton likes to flag up innocent packets so it looks like its acctually doing something. its a piece of shit really that slows down your computer...If you are behind a router and using XP the inbuild windows firewall is enough to protect you IMO
              Last edited by Doc Flabby; 07-13-2006, 06:41 AM.
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

thx doc.

Comment

Working...
                X