Metrosexuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metrosexuality

I may already have made this thread, I can't remember.

Recently Coca Cola have launched a drink in the UK (and possibly abroad, I'm not sure) called Coca Cola Zero, which is exactly the same as Diet Coke (in that it has no sugar/calories) but is seen as more masculine and aimed at the guy who keeps in shape. Therefore it has been labelled bloke coke. I'm pretty healthy, I try to eat my 5 fruit and veg each day - granted I fail, but at least I feel guilty about it. So therefore; to what extent is it ok for men to pamper themselves? Its fairly obvious that fashionable men are becoming more and more feminine. I spend most of my time in London city centre so I see a mix of all types, and pink is most definately in. Nivea advertise a face cream for blokes and men are generally encouraged (in the advertising world) to be more sensitive. So how far would you go to keep up with fashion, if you do so at all?
    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 07-14-2006, 06:41 PM.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

i try not to smell and i usually shave

i dont care enough to bother with all this crap. i guess i chew gum after eating tho

Comment

Men shouldnt be drinking diet anything unless they're diabetic. Its either water or beer for me, no pop.

I stay clean, I shave usually. I'll wear trendy clothes sometimes but as I see it, the difference between a sexy man and an overfeminine metrosexual is confidence. The sexy man is confident in whatever he wears, trendy or otherwise. The metrosexual thinks the clothes make a man and you can smell the desperation and lack of confidence.

Comment

I make sure i'm clean...I shower, wear deoderant, brush my teeth. Nothing over the top though. I'm especially confused by people (not just guys) who always put on moisturizer, the few times i've tried it, it just made my hands feel sweaty and generally uncomfortable. Maybe you have to suffer from chronic dry-skin or something.
        help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
        MegamanEXE> Chao
        MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
        (Sefarius)> ....
        (Hate The Fake)> LOL
        MegamanEXE> You are sick
        MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Its still shit

I luv marketing campaigns and still how stupid men and women can be. Diet Coke and coca cola zero is still shit for a person and if u care for your health or looking good u wont drink either. They are better than regular coke but they still are crap with all the artificial sweetners that are added. If a person wants to stay healthy and look good they should try the true metrosexual drink called water. So all the men and women through your diet shit anyway and grab a bottle of water it will do wonders! the world is fat enough as it stands, and we dont need any more fat people. Especially when i go to the beach im tired of seeing some 400lb chick drinking her diet coke in a bikini that is wrong for so many reasons.

SEK

Comment

i make sure i'm not clean.
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir>elim_killer!
              If a person wants to stay healthy and look good they should try the true metrosexual drink called Carling.
              rectified

Comment

It's really odd that is how they are billing it there. Here they are simply billing it as zero calories and tastes just like Coke.

I drink Coke Zero, but only because it tastes like regular coke, and not diet coke. It doesn't have sugar so it doesn't give me headaches.

A couple years ago I decided to drastically cut down on sugar from my diet for a month or so, and see what would happen. I went from regular to diet, usually diet mountain dew, or diet dr pepper, as a big start. I lost about 15-20 lbs (over 5-6 months) but it was clear that even at the end of the first month, there was no going back. Regular pop just gave me headaches, from all the sugar. Still does.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I think looking nice is pretty good. I wouldn't say I'm metro, but I do spend alot of time with hygeine (I have a very meticulous shaving routine that involves a badger-hair brush and non-alcohol-based aftershave, nt), I brush/floss/mouthwash (though mainly because my family has a bad history of gingivitis) and shit. Nothing over the top (like "hair products" - head and shoulder, thanks), but sometimes I do wear a suit for the hell of it.
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                    Nothing over the top (like "hair products" - head and shoulder, thanks), but sometimes I do wear a suit for the hell of it.
                    DAMNIT, I CAN'T FIGURE HOW TO GET RID OF DANDRUFF. what do you guys use? Head and shoulders islike the worst thing for me.

Comment

They are barely introducing coke zero over there?

Right now I have been seeing advertisements for Coke BlaK in LA.

Comment

i do wear pink and spend alot of money on clothes, i just spent over £100 on another pair of g-stars last week! and i condition my hair after ive washed it and make sure my nails are clean.. :unsure:

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                          which is exactly the same as Diet Coke
                          Zero seems to taste different (better, even) than regular Diet Coke to me, but maybe I'm just an idiot.

EDIT: Oh wait, you didn't say anything about taste. Idiocy confirmed.
                          FREE MANDELA

Comment

I should have added more filler sentences in my original post so it doesn't read like the key points I wanted the put in the post without me being arsed to explain myself properly

Comment

If you start boxing or street fighting you can probably wear panties without being gay. Unless you look like Oscar de la Hoya, in which case you were doomed from the start.
                              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Working...
                              X