Mp3 players and headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denon
    They just piss all over every other mp3 player I've seen/tested. Plus they're beautifully designed, unlike most others.
    Only thing I didn't like at first was the joystick, just because it took some getting used to. But after that, it's all cake and icing.
    Reclusion
    "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

nice, that's cheap compared to amazon, etc too. however, i wouldn't buy from ebay - if it went wrong then i wouldn't be able to get a replacement; amazon would give me one, however

Comment

It depends whether or not you buy from an actual store operating on eBay.

For the extra peace of mind and security I bought mine from Dixons (oh, sorry, Currys Digital). The price is inevitably higher on the high street from these large companies, but for receiving refunds and customer service, its a breeze.

Comment

Yeah it does depend whether you trust eBay or not. I got mine from there and the transaction went smoothly and I had my player in about 4 days in perfect condition. I've now had it for 5 months and it's still as good as new. Being the clumsy person I am, that's pretty impressive.
          Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

it's not that i don't trust ebay, it's that if the player went wrong after a few months i couldn't do anything about it

i'm sure most of the mp3 players have no problems at all, but i wouldn't want to take the risk with a £200 product. it's tempting though..

edit: just noticed the "NEW IN FACTORY SEALED BOX WITH MFR. WARRANTY" bit.
            Last edited by NaiLed; 07-20-2006, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
              I know technology develops wquickly, whcih is why i'm starting my own thread rather than looking up old ones.

I'm looking for a 40gb-60gb mp3 player. is the ipod still the way to go?

and I'm also looking for some good headphones- ones that aren't too big but still cover your ear, any suggestions?

check some Iaudio stuff... they are very good...
              also Iriver

Comment

Which is basically what I suggested. :P
                Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                  i have a 30 gig ipod with skull candy skullcrusher headphones. i enjoy it.
                  crushers for the win, I look like a retard when I wear them though, but it's worth it
                  :groovy:.fm
                  toucanlam.com

Comment

Kids have too much disposable income these days. I spent $80 on a cd MP3 player 3 years ago and I have no plans on getting a new one. Who the hell is watching videos on a 2.5 inch screen? And who the hell actually needs to have thousands of MP3's stored on a player? With the Canadian government no longer funding eye doctor appointments we are going to have a society of near sighted teenagers bumping into shit.

Comment

Originally posted by +/-
                      crushers for the win, I look like a retard when I wear them though, but it's worth it
                      really? i look fucking badass.
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

All these people talking about 40-60 gb mp3 players and my computer only has 20 gb. I should really think about upgrading soon...

Comment

Agreed. 100%. I have an iAudio X5 and it's amazing. You can't even begin to compare sound quality with the iPod and this thing. And it's cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            really? i look fucking badass.
                            They look great, but just not on me because I have some kind of mohawk and when I put on the headphones, it separates my mohawk in two; it just looks weird

by the way, I have this mp3 player :

It's an Olympus m:robe, it sucks real hard because its interface is much slower than the ipod's one and because the maximum volume is rather low. Also, it cannot play videos (yet). But I'm still happy for the price I paid for it, I paid 120$ CDN via eBay. I think it's not vad for a 20gb.
                            :groovy:.fm
                            toucanlam.com

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                              i remember broswing through ipods a few months ago (maybe more) and the price jumped up. maybe this was photo instead of video. either way, i noticed they discontinued their standard ipod and charged more for their new one
                              4th gen iPod
                              $299 20G
                              $399 40G
                              http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...b_model_review

5th gen iPod (with video)
                              $299 30G
                              $399 60G
                              http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardw...deo-ipod.ars/1

Same price, bigger drive, thinner, bigger screen plus video. When the new products come out, stores get rid of the previous generation so the prices drop significantly....but only after the new one is available for the same price. Maybe that's what you saw.

Comment

probably.

think i'll go with the iAudio when i get some more money

Comment

Working...
                                X