Canon Powershot S3 IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Powershot S3 IS

Wow, I just bought this camera a few days ago; this thing is absolutely glorious. If you're looking for a camera that's a little more advanced than a simple point-and-shoot, but easy to use, then this is the camera for you.

Let's talk about digital cameras now. Ready go.
    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

use your camera to get you a new avatar.
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

why not go for a SLR if you are going to buy a camera that's a little more advanced than a simple point-and-shoot?
      Throughout time, there’s been
      crimes, throughout our history
      But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
      Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
      Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
      Come on and take a stand
      Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
      and all the kids are running
      from London to Manchester
      cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

I want the Canon too!!!!

Gonna buy it soon enough,it rules!

Comment

that camera looks hella nice, if I hadn't already have a camera, I probably would have bought it :/

I have a Fuji Finepix S5200 , and I'm relatively happy with it except for the fake focus ring part...

I would've prefered a digital SLR, but they're very expansive
          :groovy:.fm
          toucanlam.com

Comment

Originally posted by eehh
            why not go for a SLR if you are going to buy a camera that's a little more advanced than a simple point-and-shoot?
            Maybe because digital SLRs cost twice as much? These types of cameras fit perfectly into that middle ground for features, complexity and price.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
              Maybe because digital SLRs cost twice as much? These types of cameras fit perfectly into that middle ground for features, complexity and price.
              of course, it depends on money, and what you want the camera to do, but SLRs are not that expensive anymore..

on bhphotovideo.com you get the powershot s3 (with deluxe accessory kit. dont know what that si) is for $567.75, while a canon eos 350d (rebel xt in us) costs $784.95.
              thats not a big differense, and the size of the camera is quite simular, so still, why not a SLR?
              Throughout time, there’s been
              crimes, throughout our history
              But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
              Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
              Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
              Come on and take a stand
              Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
              and all the kids are running
              from London to Manchester
              cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Why does everyone here metilulously research every single gadget before they buy it? There's two things that matter a) whether it works and will continue to work, and b) the price
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

c) if it works well

Comment

of course, it depends on money, and what you want the camera to do, but SLRs are not that expensive anymore..

on bhphotovideo.com you get the powershot s3 (with deluxe accessory kit. dont know what that si) is for $567.75, while a canon eos 350d (rebel xt in us) costs $784.95.
                    thats not a big differense, and the size of the camera is quite simular, so still, why not a SLR?
                    $220 is a big difference if you consider that digital SLR camera is nearly 40% more expensive than the one he got. You have to consider if it's worth spending that extra cash. You also have to consider what winipcfg intends to use the camera for, not to mention his level of comfort with advanced photography.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                      $220 is a big difference if you consider that digital SLR camera is nearly 40% more expensive than the one he got. You have to consider if it's worth spending that extra cash. You also have to consider what winipcfg intends to use the camera for, not to mention his level of comfort with advanced photography.
                      Also buying (good quality) lenses to cover the same focal length as S3IS has (36-432) would cost thousands extra.
                      megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                      L K> taught u what?
                      megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                      9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                      9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                        c) if it works well
                        Not at all, I just want it to do the job. I want my camera's to take pictures, my ipods to play music and my computers to run Football Manager
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I have the Powershot S80, and I am extremely pleased with everything it does.

To get the same versitility out of an SLR camera as the Powershot S80, you would need to buy some pretty fuckin' expensive lenses, and not to mention that SLRs are fucking chunky as hell. As opposed to the S80, which I can slip into my pocket, the Rebel SLR is easiest used when HUNG AROUND YOUR NECK. Tell me a person besides a professional photographer that wants to carry that burden and you can talk all you want. But I guaruntee you that most people would rather have a nice point and click with great abilities than an SLR.
                          Last edited by DoTheFandango; 07-22-2006, 04:50 PM.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                            Not at all, I just want it to do the job. I want my camera's to take pictures, my ipods to play music and my computers to run Football Manager
                            but i'd rather have the mp3 player that is easier to use and has a longer battery life, although they probably both "get the job done"

p.s. i start a new job tomorrow and i am nervous

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                              Depends on the person and what he wants to do with the gadget... In my case when I was searching for a digital camera, I didn't want a simple point and shoot camera, so I had to search for a long time to find a relatively cheap camera that has full manual controls and good user reviews. If I'm going to spend 300-500$ into something, of course I'm going to do some little research to find the best product I can afford.
                              :groovy:.fm
                              toucanlam.com

Comment

Working...
                              X