Continuum freezing new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum freezing new computer

Hi everyone, I finally spent the money to build a brand new computer, and it's amazing. The only problem is that it will run everything except continuum. Every time I enter the zone, the game freezes within one minute of entering and the computer becomes completely unresponsive. Then, after about 30 seconds of being completely frozen, the game minimizes and this ATI VPU Recovery thing pops up and lets me know that my video card stopped responding to the driver commands. This computer ran Quake 4 on the highest settings with no problems at all, but it won't run Continuum. Any ideas?? Here is what I'm working with:

DFI Lanparty UT Expert SLI
    AMD 64 3500+ (Venice core)
    ATI X800GTO 256MB PCIE
    1 GB DDR400 Dual Channel
    250GB Seagate SATA 3.0GB/s
    Windows XP Professional SP2
    Continuum 0.38

Thanks for your help,

pegasis
    3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
    3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
    MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Does .39-1? work?
    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Just tried it, and it froze just the same. Still stranded.

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
      MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Comment

i had this problem with my laptop. try updating your drivers

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
          i had this problem with my laptop. try updating your drivers
          Same exact thing here -- I only had problems with the laptop, but not my desktop. 99 percent sure the drivers were the problem, but I was also having hard drive issues and things at the time, so who knows.
          I'm back.

Comment

Try enabling software emulation in View -> Advanced options.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Nothing has worked so far. Software emulation, updating drivers, downgrading drivers, etc. Nothing seems to work I can run the best games out there, but not Continuum. If anyone has any ideas, please help! Thanks!

Comment

try running it in windowed mode.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

It freezes windowed too

Comment

Try updating DirectX. SS uses directx, so if it is not your video card drivers, Id say to try directx. Also, when you updated your video card drivers, did you uninstall the old video card drivers? That is usually the best way to update your drivers.

Comment

I did uninstall video drivers before I reinstalled. I think you might be right about the DirectX. Doom 3 and Quake 4 run in the highest settings, and I think those use OpenGL. It seems like all DirectX things are freezing. I just updated DirectX but it doesn't seem to have fixed it. Can I uninstall DirectX before putting it back on? I couldn't find it in my programs list.

Comment

Try running SubSpace or 0.37 if that has problems too, then it could be something to do with the directdraw or something else with continuum.
                        (\ (\
                        ( ^_^)
                        (_(")(")

last.fm
                        "I like my coffee black, just like my metal."

Comment

Working...
                        X