?go base needs zoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go base needs zoners

Back in TWs peak when there were usually 600+ people online, ?go base was almost always full, and players would have to fight over playing spots. These days the game has lost half of its player base and it's very rare that ?go base is ever running, and even then there is barely enough players. To compare, ?go base has 5 people (not including bot) while ?go elim still has 40+ players right now.

I don't remember what the argument against ?go base zoners was before, but it sure as hell needs them now. Please at least try it; if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, just change it. I don't know how bot access is going these days, but it would be a 2 minute job to add the snipped of code to do a zoner when the bot either stars or finishes a game.

Sure, it will bring a lot of pubbers into the arena as well, but who cares? The basing scene could use some fresh blood.
    sdg

true
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
      Back in TWs peak when there were usually 600+ people online, ?go base was almost always full, and players would have to fight over playing spots. These days the game has lost half of its player base and it's very rare that ?go base is ever running, and even then there is barely enough players. To compare, ?go base has 5 people (not including bot) while ?go elim still has 40+ players right now.

I don't remember what the argument against ?go base zoners was before, but it sure as hell needs them now. Please at least try it; if it doesn't work out for whatever reason, just change it. I don't know how bot access is going these days, but it would be a 2 minute job to add the snipped of code to do a zoner when the bot either stars or finishes a game.

Sure, it will bring a lot of pubbers into the arena as well, but who cares? The basing scene could use some fresh blood.
      I completely and wholeheartedly agree
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

why dont you play then and stop being afk in !np stab...
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I agree with this shit to! Make it fucking happen.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

gotta agree with stabwound
            Only the loyal count.

Comment

Bumping in agreement.
              FREE MANDELA

Comment

Yeah, I miss it when there was 40ppl+ and we had to start ?go base2... now base2 is useful for nothing.
                Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                -Buddha

Comment

now that i am lagfree i want base back! if not i will... bite things
                  Big Chill

Comment

I dont know what to say Zoners for me are not the answer, they attract the wrong people, we simply need to widen our player base. How about we make a basing chat for all basers and we call off that chat alone? Basing though does need to be looked over and something changed about it, with the end of the season i hope a large number of new squads will form and bring players to base.
                    Makelele> whos camping
                    Sumpson> mitch
                    KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                    Lemar> mitch
                    Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

?go base should only be open during the weekends, publics should be better so that you could play good games there instead.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The zoners do brings alot of Pubbers into the ?go base arena. But 99% of the time they never get picked because it awakens the more 'known' players and are more likely of playing.

In the near future, there are going to be games in all Public arenas (I'm working with some TW Dev members as to how the bots should work etc). But instead of just having timed-gamed, there would be points races, most points etc. I agree that ?go base should still be run, but maybe at the 'better' players discretion. I hate seeing ?go base advertised and then seeing the 'newer' players sit out.
                        "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                        • Shark
                        • Dicer
                        • Sager
                        • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Torquil
                          ?go base should only be open during the weekends, publics should be better so that you could play good games there instead.
                          I can't disagree more. Publics can't reach the level of go base because there will always be new players there. I don't play pub 0 very often because I would almost always rather not base at all than base with people who don't have a fucking clue what they are doing.

btw I love you ?go base, I wish you ran more often. But I don't think we should send zone wide messages unless you add a usage limit for capping, mainly because there's not a good system in place for captains being chosen (I thought the ban list was a good start, but that didn't go far or get much attention or come close to being adhered to). Bad caps ruin or kill the current game and often eliminate the chances for subsequent ones.

EDIT: moot that kills me too, but I find it understandable. From my experience, so few pubbers are willing to deviate from and adapt their already established pub basing play style that it makes having one or two on your team a real pain in the ass. There have been a few that were willing to learn and I took them to a priv arena and ran over the basics so that they're more likely to get picked again, but more often than not it ends up something like
                          Pubber> why am I not in jav I could kill them all
                          Pubber2> If I sit in the flagroom entrance I will die
                          Pubber3> me in wb, that is what I play

If we could get the population up again to where base2 was running often, then it could greatly help on getting those kids picked and better oriented. I just don't know for sure if zoners is the way to do it, but I certainly don't have any better ideas.
                          Last edited by Ignominy; 07-23-2006, 07:31 AM.
                          afksry

Comment

Me in WB, that is what I play.
                            sage

Comment

Originally posted by End
                              I dont know what to say Zoners for me are not the answer, they attract the wrong people, we simply need to widen our player base. How about we make a basing chat for all basers and we call off that chat alone? Basing though does need to be looked over and something changed about it, with the end of the season i hope a large number of new squads will form and bring players to base.

I believe there's a chat already chat=base

The zoners would probably work since i doubt even half the pubbers know that there's something more to TW than just the chaos of public arenas :]
                              Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Working...
                              X