-FINAL- vs Pirates quarter-final appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -FINAL- vs Pirates quarter-final appeal

I won't make this a long essay as it's already past my bed time, and I've been forced to stay up enough already.
    Basicly what Pure_Luck informed me to be the operators' decision was incorrect, did not follow the league rules and was unfair using common sense.
    After I informed Pure_Luck that according to the rule 4.03 -FINAL- chooses not to play but to postpone the deciding round, I got no answer than "hold on".
    For about 10 minutes I received no reply to my questions that is there something unclear about the situation, I was just being ignored.
    I informed my squad that we'd use the option not to play, as we already had played TWL playoffs games since 1pm, at that time for over 4 and a half hours, plus warmups, that we'd be done for the day.
    After the silence I received a notification, and after that I'll simply copy&paste our very one-sided conversation.
    Disqualifier> Can I please get an answer from you, other than "hold on"?
    Pure_Luck> the twl ops have decided to finish the game now
    Disqualifier> What the f'ck, you can't
    Pure_Luck> according to nethila/kim
    Disqualifier> You can't walk over the rules
    Disqualifier> You're just telling me that the rules mean nothing to the league operators?
    TWLJ: -FINAL- vs. Pirates (about 1 minute after the notification)
    Disqualifier> We really have to be out of here by now.
    Pure_Luck> what did u say?
    Disqualifier> Why are you walking over your own league rules and just telling me that they do not obey
    Disqualifier> The rules do not state that the league operators can change the rules according to the situation
    Disqualifier> Do NOT start this game untill you've given me a reason why you are doing this
    Disqualifier> Answer me, please
    Pure_Luck> well those are rules for regular season
    :Pure_Luck:Okay, then show me the playoffs rules
    :Pure_Lucko NOT start this game untill you've given a valid reason to me
    (Pure_Luck)>i have given you a valid reason
    :Pure_Luck:No, you haven't. When have you announced that the rules change for playoffs.
    :Pure_Luck:Show me that or the playoffs rules.
    :Pure_Luck:come here and do NOT let this start untill you're following the rules
    Reaver> TWL ops ruled that the game will be played on, sorry.
    Pure_Luck> this game woulda been over already if u woulda added and started right away
    Disqualifier> laugh.... don't be childish, I'm only here because you asked us to, we are entitled to postpone this according to the rules
    Lineup submission has been extended by 2 mins
    Pure_Luck> the playoff time structure is different from the regular season lineup structure
    Pure_Luck> and you are being unreasonable to allow one more round being played
    Disqualifier> You're the one being unreasonable, and the one not following your own rules
    Disqualifier> The rules do not change for playoffs unless you announce that they'll change, which you have not done
    Disqualifier> Therefor the old rules must apply
    Disqualifier> Do not let this start
    Pure_Luck> ok so u guys aren't playing?
    Disqualifier> We can't
    Pure_Luck> ok
    Disqualifier> Why?
    Disqualifier> What does it do to us
    After this, with the rate I was getting replies, I saw no other option than to add five possibly-non-afk players to the game as the timer was about to run out and we would've forfeited the game.
    No matter what you may think, I did not add players as a sign to agree to play, but to buy us more time to let the staff realize their error, which obviously did not happen.

That's what happened after being notified that the league operators would force us to play, unaccordingly to the rules. Basicly none of the Pure_Luck's "points" were or still are valid. I don't know if he spoke for himself or for all league operators, but he still was incorrect. If he hadn't told me to "hang on" and then ignore me for 10 minutes, we woul've all been gone. I was not the one being unreasonable for wanting to go to bed and not being forced to play, as we clearly didn't have to.

We had already restarted round 1 (-FINAL- was winning), replayed round 1, played round 2, started round 3 (-FINAL- was winning) and were now supposed to replay round 3. The game was supposed to start at 4pm EST, which it did. After all the replays, at the time the decision was made, the time was about 5:20pm. Games for next timeslot were being announced before round 3 finally started.
    Anyway, 5pm EST means midnight in Finland, from where most of our squadron's players are from, at least the most important ones. I originally did everything I could to avoid playing at the late timeslot, because most of us had work the following day and simply could not stay awake to play anymore spaceships.

In conclusion:

4.02 In the event that all technical difficulties are resolved within 30 minutes before the next time slot, the match will be played immediatly.

This rule was followed.

4.03 If all technical difficulties are resolved after the 30 minutes before next time slot games, and if the game slots allow it, the match can be replayed immediatly in consent with the Captains.

This rule gave us the option not to play, which we chose to use, but was broken by the league operators, just because they felt like it.

4.04 Postponed games may be replayed in an available time slot of the current weekend provided that all technical difficulties have been resolved and both captains agree on the game time.

Once again, captains did not agree upon a time, as I clearly stated that we'd choose not to play.

Like I said to Pure_Luck, the rules must apply unless a) you make new rules for playoffs or b) ANNOUNCE the players that the rules have changed IN ADVANCE.
    Of course the best option would be to do both. However, if you fail to inform the players that there's some new set of rules that only TWL ops know about, the old rules will naturally apply, and in this case they were broken.
    I know it would've been very inconvinient for the league to have the third round postponed and replayed later, but that does not change the rules or the fact that you can't change the rules just because you feel like it.
    I'd have a lot more to say, but given the time and the place, I'll have to leave that to another day. We'll all live to see tomorrow, and there's plenty of time for that.
    This appeal requires the upmost importance, so please deal with it accordingly, however reread the rules before you make a decision.

Yours truly, Disqualifier
    Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
    USS Banana> ok
    Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
    Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
    USS Banana> you arent playing
    Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
    Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Read what I said in other threads. You brought this upon yourself.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

he got a point...
      SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
      SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
      Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
      Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
      1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
      1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

EDIT: nm
        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
        TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
        Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
        1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
        4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
        1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Ignore one squad's appeal, shame on me. Ignore two squad's appeal, shame on you. B)

Comment

I dont see why you added players in the first place then disq.
            If you guys would have won that round, would I be able to appeal on grounds of time zone? Hell no. How is it fair? Its not..
            I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
              If you guys would have won that round, would I be able to appeal on grounds of time zone? Hell no. How is it fair? Its not..
              I don't think the main point of their argument was regarding the timezone. It was regarding the '30 minutes' aspect.
              CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                Both squads, according to the rules, were a given two options: you chose to play, we chose not to.
                So the game shouldn't have taken place, time zones aside.

Don't get me wrong, no matter the outcome, I would've gone through the same shit to show just how wrong staff was, and how blatantly they broke their own rules.
                USS Banana> ok

Comment

sigh.. I already wrote this elsewhere, just try to be logical about this, one round in playoff is just like a match in regular season.

So the 30 minutes rule should apply for each round, not the entire match, that wouldnt make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Singer
                    sigh.. I already wrote this elsewhere, just try to be logical about this, one round in playoff is just like a match in regular season.

So the 30 minutes rule should apply for each round, not the entire match, that wouldnt make any sense.
                    What you're saying is right, it should apply for each round because each round is a game in itself. The last round therefor needs to be replayed, once again, according to the rules.
                    USS Banana> ok

Comment

hmm? and why should it be replayed? The last round clearly didnt take 30 minutes to be replayed, even with you stalling it and everything..

There are no laws saying that you cant bang your head against the corner of a table until it bleeds but why would you do it? those kind of rules doesnt need to even be wrote, its common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
                        I don't think the main point of their argument was regarding the timezone. It was regarding the '30 minutes' aspect.
                        True.

1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                        4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him

Comment

1:Sika> some autistic nerd is posting on ur appeal thread

So I came to reply.

4.03 If all technical difficulties are resolved after the 30 minutes before next time slot games, and if the game slots allow it, the match can be replayed immediatly in consent with the Captains.

Rule can be confusing with both "after" and "before" words in it, but it means that if the bot crashes with less than 30minutes to the next timeslot, the captains get to choose if they'll replay or not. The bot in our game crashed and was not fixed untill 5:10pm EST, which is 20minutes to the next timeslot.

And please don't tell anyone to be logical about anything anymore.
                          USS Banana> ok

Comment

Originally posted by Disqualifier
                            1:Sika> some autistic nerd is posting on ur appeal thread
                            hi sikkie o/

Comment

Originally posted by Singer
                              hmm? and why should it be replayed? The last round clearly didnt take 30 minutes to be replayed, even with you stalling it and everything..

There are no laws saying that you cant bang your head against the corner of a table until it bleeds but why would you do it? those kind of rules doesnt need to even be wrote, its common sense.
                              Last edited by Zingy; 07-23-2006, 08:01 PM.
                              CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Working...
                              X