GetContinuum.com Site Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GetContinuum.com Site Launch

With mildred's help and work to create a wonderfull site I have launched a new site. Its a marketing portal for the Subspace/Continuum community to help attract new players. I'd like to ask everyone thats is capable and willing to please link to www.getcontinuum.com as much as you can. Post to forums, news, games sites, tell your freinds, email your families, etc....

Additionaly please take a look at mildred's post and offer any suggestions or feedback you can.

http://www.wzctf.net/modules.php?nam...ewtopic&t=1658

someone started a getsubspace.com site lol
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

This is a very nice site, looks sleek etc.

I posted this on the forum you linked to:

Very nice site.

One suggestion I have, it mentions it's free but I think the following should also be mentioned, as most people don't expect something to be free without a catch.

- Absolutely no adware, spyware, malware or anything related will be installed on your computer
      - No subscription, it's free to download, register AND play.
      - No "buyable" upgrades, so the only thing that gets you an advantage is skill.
      - The whole game is available for everyone, you don't get a limited version and then pay to get the full thing.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

yeah this is loads better than getsubspace.com ... someone update the posters !!!

Comment

It looks sleek indeed, very nice.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

good job
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Nicely done, thanks for being a contributing member =)
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

www.getalife.com
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Wow Tourquil, that was unbelievably funny and appropriate!
                  6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                  3 league vet

Comment

Nice site... it's a great simple design. Only thing about it is... if I didn't know what SS was already, I don't think that site would make me play it. I dunno, it just doesn't advertise enough.
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                      Nice site... it's a great simple design. Only thing about it is... if I didn't know what SS was already, I don't think that site would make me play it. I dunno, it just doesn't advertise enough.
                      Funny, most people have given me the opposite feedback. Perhaps it's because your Canadian?

Comment

Good job with the layout and site, I agree with Epi though. Maybe some small vids of intense basing action or flagging to entice people?
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I think there's still an issue about presenting confusing terms, such as whether this game is called Continuum or Subspace. Lots of people who play still refer to this game as Subspace, and most of the community sites and even the zones have either Subspace or SS as part of their URLs. I've always thought that Continuum refers only to the client program, but Subspace to the actual playing environment. If we are going to market this game, we'll need to get the terminology straightened out.

Just as an example of how the two names can be confusing, the web page says things like "Continuum has been around since 1995" when that technically isn't true. That also creates confusion when you also mention the 10th anniversary approaching in 2007. You should also mention specifically when exactly was the client Continuum released. From Epi's history page, he cites "early 2001".

I also think you need to make the history part more detailed as I've always found how this game managed to survive despite the odds to be a great story. I think you skipped over a few years when you described VIE dumping SS. From your history, it sounds like VIE dumped SS in about 1998 and the Continuum client was made shortly after, when the reality is that it took a couple of years before Continuum was released. I know you don't want to make the history too long on the home page, so I think a seperate "History" page with a timeline would help.

Comment

You should post to the thread i linked so we can keep the conversation in one place.

Comment

Working...
                            X