Couple of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of things

- Do not ever get an all-wheel drive car. Found out yesterday morning at work how shitty those cars are when it comes to tires. What am I talking about?

A lady comes in with her two kids and says she needs to get her tire plugged. I'm thinkin no big, even when the leak turns out to be coming from her valvue stem (the little nubbin sticking out of the tire that you put air in). Anyway upon further inspection, I find out that there is a small cut on the sidewall of her tire, which we can't plug, which means her tire is no good and she needs a new one.

I give her the bad news, and then dip into the office real quick to look up the price of her tire. $125 bucks for a single tire? Shit. I go out and give her more bad news, and my manager who was walking by, notices that the car she's driving is an all-wheel drive car. He drops the bomb and totally blows any hope she has of fixing this problem with a small amount of money- you can't replace just one tire with an all-wheel drive car, you have to replace them all at once!

The deal is that all the tires have to spin at the same rate, and if I had put the new tire on, it would have been spinning slower than the rest, which would have fucked up the transmission. Shiiiiit! My buddy and I who were standing around when my manager chin-checked the lady with this brick of bad news were both like " " , simply because to get her car totally straight, soccer mom here was going to have to lay down $500 bucks. 500 bucks! All because of one small scratch! Anyway, after she picked her jaw up off the ground, the lady asked me if I could just fix her valve stem as my manager vanished in a cloud of decision-making smoke. I changed the stem for her and sent her on her way even though she tried to give me a few dollars for my trouble since I wasn't going to charge her for the stem. I brushed it off- don't worry lady, you'll be spending enough on this car far too soon anyway.

- the movie "Grandma's Boy" is funny as crap. Not funnier than say Anchorman or Super Troopers, but it's still hillarious, and worth a 4 dollar rental.

-If you can, look up the comedy show "Axis of Evil" and go see it. Saw it with some friends last night in DC, was awesome like whoa.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

sounds like a crock of shit to me.

as long as its the same profile etc as the original tyre replacing it wont affect rolling radius and thus wont fuck with the trannie or speedo.
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

yeah, grandma's boy went for only a week's showing at the theatre, so i bought it the day it came out on dvd...it's one of those classics, that you can watch over and over again
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
        yeah, grandma's boy went for only a week's showing at the theatre, so i bought it the day it came out on dvd...it's one of those classics, that you can watch over and over again
        We refer that movie to anyone looking for a good comedy at our store.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

You don't have to replace all the tires at once, but it's a good idea. Even with non AWD cars you should not replace single tires. On my 93 Sable the front passenger side tire was ripped apart by a peice of metal on the highway one night. I ended up replacing both front tires because it's not a good idea to have different levels of tread between your front or back tires. And $125 for a tire doesn't sound expensive at all. I believe I paid around $250 Cdn for two mid-level tires on a car worth maybe $2,000. The next car I get will definately be AWD. My parents both drive Subaru's and AWD is amazing for Canadian winters. Being able to SAFELY drive in blizzard conditions is huge.

Comment

Isn't that what differentials are for? Your tires spin at different speeds every time you go around a corner.

Comment

Working...
            X