I lag. Should I play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lag. Should I play?

I'm averaging 310-380 ping on the front end menu so the usuall "nice lag" and such comment gets thrown around every now and then. Highly annoying for me and no doubt them. I only started playing a few months ago, and I don't play much games anymore, but Trench Wars is still too damn addictive to give up. I would still prefer to play and usually do for a few hours after work but if lag becomes too much of an issue I dont see the point. Thoughts?

I've use wireless broadband by the way - 512k apparantly. Which is obviously a load of shite....damn you generic evil telco company!
    ¨I want some peanuts¨

If you enjoy it, keep playing pubs and events. I doubt with that lag you'll be able to play in TWD though, I can't remember the limits, but they're stricter than the pubs.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

lag limit for twd is 280ms i think...
      Everyone gets called laggy i have 110ms which is "high" to some people even people with 10ms ping often get called laggots and suchlike :P
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Play Strikeball :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
          If you enjoy it, keep playing
          Seconded.

If people can't compensate for your lag and adjust accordingly it's not your problem. Plus I'm sure a 310ms connection has its disadvantages as well.

I constantly catch hell for my "laggy" 50ms DSL with near-flawless packetloss and tinfo. Some players just immediately default to using lag as an excuse, the best thing to do is ignore it and continue lobbing pixels.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Yeah, everyone gets called laggot. Lol even when I have this much with my dsl:
            Hakaku> ?lag
            PING Current:20 ms Average:20 ms Low:20 ms High:60 ms S2C: 0.0% C2S: 0.0%

Keep playing, no one really does care :P
            Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
            -Buddha

Comment

Learn to lag rush, when I was on my 28.8k modem that was my favorite thing to do.... Laggy terr in pubs is fun aswell.
              -Bubbles
              Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
              Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

It's not the size of the ping that matters, it's how you use it. The real thing that effects your laggotness and eating is your packet loss. If that isn't too high, you should get by.
                How many babies does it take to paint a wall?
                Depends on how hard you throw them.

(Goddess)>there is nothing funny about children dieing or getting killed ya fukkin idiot
                (Goddess)>Do you use any other names?
                replied
                (Goddess)>They are all on permanent ignore

:crying:

How do you keep a baby from falling down a well?
                Stick a javeling through its head. :death:

Comment

yes still play, of course! u only stop playing when u get specced, if people complain that you lag then just tell them if u lag so bad how come u havent been specced, most likely they are crying because they blow.
                  regards,
                  Big Chill

Comment

Or they tell you that you lag cause they suck and it's an excuse for them to feel better.

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys. I still enjoying TW so I´ll take all the advice and keep playing. It´s still a pain in the arse when you´ve just had what you thought to be an excellent duel and then the other guy yells out ¨eater¨ ect. ect. - Highly annoying. But yeah like PH said, the lag disadvantage works both ways I guess. Sucks that I cant join a squardron though. Continuum seems like it has a decent community - Not bad for a 10 year old top-down shooter!
                      ¨I want some peanuts¨

Comment

I think I've had the best of the Auslag subscribers with 270ms avg. Whereas most Sydneysiders, Queenies, and Perthites tip the 340ms barrier on the best of days. Can't be helped mate. Most of our packets take a round trip through Singapore on their way over where they get more grief than a pill-popping raver.
                        As long as you can remain in play without being forced to spec, you eventually learn to live with it. Just don't bother with TWD, tourney, or events with 40+ people.

Comment

Yeah I assumed that was the case - all tucked away down here!

As you can no doubt tell I´m still very green, and don´t know much of the lingo - Specced I assume is when somebody pings you? I´ve seen it happen a few times, wasn´t sure is all.

And whats Strikeball? Another zone I presume? I can´t see it on my list (which only contains 4 or 5 zones). How do I download it? Cheers in advance...
                          ¨I want some peanuts¨

Comment

Originally posted by Minefields
                            Yeah I assumed that was the case - all tucked away down here!

As you can no doubt tell I´m still very green, and don´t know much of the lingo - Specced I assume is when somebody pings you? I´ve seen it happen a few times, wasn´t sure is all.

And whats Strikeball? Another zone I presume? I can´t see it on my list (which only contains 4 or 5 zones). How do I download it? Cheers in advance...
                            ?go autosb

It's an arena in TW.
                            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                            MegamanEXE> Chao
                            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                            (Sefarius)> ....
                            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                            MegamanEXE> You are sick
                            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Hye dude - keep playing! I am pretty sure you can get in a squad - u may not be able to play in the twd games but you will still have a laugh. If your really struggling message Lemmin <zh> - His squad ossify is cool and spend most of their time chating
                              King Baba> You scare me with your online wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                              X