No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: Big TWD changes on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: Big TWD changes on the way!

Since TWD was created there have been a couple big problems with the system. Doublesquadding has by far been the greatest problem. With doublesquadding comes players throwing matches on altnicks in order to qualify their squad for TWL. There have been plenty of squads who try to move up the ladder by playing dummy squads they have created. Over the years I have seen the system abused in hundreds of different ways and it's time for change.

In the past year or two Beasty had some great suggestions and ideas for improving the system. Beasty, myself, and a number of other people worked on these ideas and we came up with a plan for improving the system. Our work stopped there because we were unable to find a programmer with the time and knowledge to program it. However several weeks ago Ikrit picked up the project and is close to finishing. It was a huge job and he's worked tirelessly on it. Suffice to say we all owe him a big thanks.

Anyways thats the history of the project in a nutshell. Now on to the stuff you will all need to know about!

The changes:

- Players will ONLY be able to play from the computer they !registered their name on. This is a big change!

- Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account.

Other things you need to know:

- The system will be put into effect shortly after this TWL season is over.

- Every player will have to re-register his name. You will not be able to play in TWD if you don't! (The 24 hour wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks!)

- Every squad will have to reform on the TWD website (The 12 hour roster wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks).

- More TWD Ops will be hired in the next month in order to accomodate the players. I'm expecting there to be a fair amount of public confusion in the first week. I will make sure there are enough TWD staff to deal with it at all hours of the day.

-Ikrit is the shit.

Originally posted by Weaver

- Every player will have to re-register his name. You will not be able to play in TWD if you don't! (The 24 hour wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks!)

- Every squad will have to reform on the TWD website (The 12 hour roster wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks).
    Not too happy about reforming squads, but what can you do eh.
    How many babies does it take to paint a wall?
    Depends on how hard you throw them.

(Goddess)>there is nothing funny about children dieing or getting killed ya fukkin idiot
    (Goddess)>Do you use any other names?
    replied
    (Goddess)>They are all on permanent ignore

:crying:

How do you keep a baby from falling down a well?
    Stick a javeling through its head. :death:

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal
      Not too happy about reforming squads, but what can you do eh.
      Yeah I apologize. We want to put this new system in with a completely clean slate.

Comment

good work fellas, nicely done Ikrit!
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Hmmm can somebody remind me what the rules WERE? I got 2 brothers and 3 sisters by the way.
          uNf

Comment

eh good ideas the reforming squad stuff isnt too good
            1:abbot> i think i played well
            1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
            1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
            7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
            7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
            7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
            oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
            oar> but its ok

Comment

Who cares about reforming your fucking squads? It takes two seconds to do it and sign up; very minimal compared to the amount of work put into actually doing all the coding work. Good job guys, fuck those double squadders.

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                "Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account"

Hows that going to fix anything? So I could just go and make up a story along the lines of 'Hey, Im wax's brother. I need to be registered'. And then join another squadron, or create a "dummy" squad as you said.

Sounds like a lot of work, and hassle for captains for something that can be evaded.

Or am I missing something?
                This prevents people from either having someone on a different computer sign up for them or going to a place like an internet cafe and signing up then going back home to play. Overall it should produce a significant reduction in double squadding and is much more effective than leaving the system the way it is.
                Ban Ikrit

Comment

You guys are making it increasingly more difficult for pavement and I

I'm moving out in about 19 days, so I guess the brother/IP thing won't be a problem anymore.

The "one person per computer" thing...can that be relaxed for siblings? Pavement and I switch computers all the time (it's weird, but on one comp we both spid better and on one, we terr/shark better etc)
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
                    This prevents people from either having someone on a different computer sign up for them or going to a place like an internet cafe and signing up then going back home to play. Overall it should produce a significant reduction in double squadding and is much more effective than leaving the system the way it is.
                    I think you just made a big circle...he's saying, someone can just SAY they have a sibling and then go from there.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

We require proof to having a sibling. By now, we know alot of you guys and know who's related to who and what in general.
                      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                        "Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account"

Hows that going to fix anything? So I could just go and make up a story along the lines of 'Hey, Im wax's brother. I need to be registered'. And then join another squadron, or create a "dummy" squad as you said.

Sounds like a lot of work, and hassle for captains for something that can be evaded.

Or am I missing something?
                        The difference is that you will only be able to evade if we let you evade. The system we have right now allows players to evade bans and doublesquad with relative ease. I have had the priviledge of working on TWD for many years and you'll have to take my word for it when I say it will be a huge improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                          I think you just made a big circle...he's saying, someone can just SAY they have a sibling and then go from there.
                          I think you didn't understand what I meant. I'm talking about one person going to computers that aren't even in his possession to register. You're talking about one person saying he's multiple people using same computer.
                          Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                            And what proof would you need?

At the same time, who would you be to tell me I DIDN'T have a sibling.

Not trying to be a dick here guys, just playing devils advocate. Trying to get a grasp on the whole thing.

Also: Would squadhistory on a players name be erased?

Wax the siblings are an unavoidable loophole. However a lot of the players who cause the biggest problems in TWD are players who have been playing in TW for awhile and its relatively easy to find out about them from either our own databases or other players. The new system will completely eliminate the problem of people registering names everywhere they have access to a computer and the internet. I'm sure some players will still slip through the cracks, but I'd venture a guess that only a few percent of doublesquadders are registered as fake siblings.

The alternative is to only allow one name per household and that is not something I'm willing to do.

Edit: yeah wax, squad history will most likely be erased.

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
                              And what proof would you need?
                              Indeed. What kind of proof do we need to give of being someone's sibling?
                              Draw another picture of the life you could've had.

Comment

Working...
                              X