Proposed Pub changes -- by: Sweet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Pub changes -- by: Sweet

Ok well it seems that ppl will not rest until current/classic pub settings are completely turned inside out. That having been said... here is my idea of a different style of public warfare.

Ship 1 -- Warbird -- No Changes.

Ship 2 -- Javelin -- One Change.
    • Allow Jav to purchase stealth and decoys

Ship 3 -- Spider -- No Changes.

Ship 4 -- Leviathan -- Several changes.
    • Change Levi bombs to level 2, yellow.
    • Give bombs EMP ability with an option to green shrapnel.
    • Increase initial speed and turn radius. Perhaps to that of the original weasle.... maybe just a bit slower.
    • Spawn with 4 repels, stealth, 1 portal
    • Give levs the ability to ?buy rockets -- up to 3 at a time.

Ship 5 -- Terrier -- Two changes.
    • Give bursts random damage.
    • Allow terr to green/buy portals up to 2 at a time.

Ship 6 -- Weasle -- A couple changes.
    • Return weasle to original size.
    • Give weasle unlimited Cloak/stealth ability, but require the weasle to disengage either it's cloak, stealth, or both in order to recharge.
    • Spawn weasle with level 3 bullets, 1 rocket, cloak and stealth.

Ship 7 -- Lancaster -- One change.
    • Change multifire pattern to a 3 shot... like the weasle.

Ship 8 -- Shark -- One change, one maybe.
    • Give shark the capacity for 1 portal. Perhaps even allow it to spawn with 1 portal.
    • Maybe the shark could recieve a 2-3 tile brick with a 10-15 second lifespan.
    Kawrae> Can we get Sweet banned from these forums?
    Stabwound> This would actually be technically possible. Will it happen? No.
    Ephemeral> Should it happen? No.

5:MiKE_HAWK> I TALK WITH CAPS ON
    5:MiKE_HAWK> BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN
    5:MiKE_HAWK> IT MAKES UP FOR MY SMALL PENIS

4:Lizard Fue> FACE DOWN, A$$ UP, THATS THE WAY DADS LIKES TO FUK

Sparffles> Cannot attach to self: Story of my life

It's nice to see some sensible changes suggested by a player, often we get ludicrous suggestions:

• Allow Jav to purchase stealth and decoys - I think the jav can alwready purchase decoys no? If not, then I guess I don't see why not allow this, but it's a bit of a minor change that would be pretty insignificant. I think stealth would be not a good idea. It's a special ability that should be restarained to special ships (Lev/X)

• Increase initial speed and turn radius. Perhaps to that of the original weasle.... maybe just a bit slower.

This is pretty much exactly how I would like to see the Leviathan. Also make it so it can't attach to terrs. Giving it a speed increase, but weakening it's bombs would make it a useful ship in its own right, and them EMP just gives it a nice use, not just for killing.

• Give bursts random damage. - This is how it used to be, personally I don't like random damage in anything cause I think it adds an element of luck into what I think should be as much a game of skill as possible
    • Allow terr to green/buy portals up to 2 at a time. Portals are a special item for a terr, which need to be used sparingly and skillfully, giving them 2 portals takes away the skillfullness in using them when needed, and just makes terrs even harder to kill than they already are. If you terr, just make sure your team greens properly and oyu should be ok with one port

• Give weasle unlimited Cloak/stealth ability, but require the weasle to disengage either it's cloak, stealth, or both in order to recharge.
      I think whether the weasel is large or small, it is still a pretty useless ship in terms of pub basing, and is used only really for flying around on your own. If it is deemed to be a solo ship like this, then I do think the larger one you described is nicer. But if it's wanted to become a more integral part of pub basing, maybe a rethink needs to be done. Maybe keep it small so it can infiltrate the base, give it infinite stealth/cloak, but make its weapen slightly weaker, maybe L2

• Change multifire pattern to a 3 shot... like the weasle.Bit of a pointless change IMO, I think the shot pattern is fine how it is

• Give shark the capacity for 1 portal. Perhaps even allow it to spawn with 1 portal.
      A brick would definitely be useful yes, maybe even just a one tile brick, so it doesn't fully block (unless in cram point) but is still quite an obstacle. I don't think giving sharks portals is particularly beneficial. It's not the job of a shark to stay alive, the ports will just be used for gimmicky kills of warping into a player's path and mining.

Well there's my opinions
    [/QUOTE]
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Biggest reason to reduce multifire pattern on lanc is to allow other players a chance to dodge. As it stands, a couple lancs in the main tube/mid base make quite an obstacle.

Bursts are mostly about luck anyways.... reverting to random damage would not affect play that much. it would only serve to give opponnets a fighting chance. It wuold also encourage players to protect their terr more.

Comment

Remember when we had the "nightwasp" in pub for a week. The bombs on it fired this circle of very slow moving shrapnel. I was thinking something like that for the levi. Red shrap, and the shrap ring lasts for only a second. Kinda like a mobile mine field.
        DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by ewan
          This is pretty much exactly how I would like to see the Leviathan. Also make it so it can't attach to terrs. Giving it a speed increase, but weakening it's bombs would make it a useful ship in its own right, and them EMP just gives it a nice use, not just for killing.
          If a ship can't attach to a terr it wont be used for basing.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
            Remember when we had the "nightwasp" in pub for a week. The bombs on it fired this circle of very slow moving shrapnel. I was thinking something like that for the levi. Red shrap, and the shrap ring lasts for only a second. Kinda like a mobile mine field.
            Wasnt the levi mkII like that, i'd prefer that to the Levi mkIII though this new levi sucks
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Ewan, you say pubs should be as much skill and not luck as possible, but thats partly the reason why pubs suck, basers tried to make it their secondary ?go base arena when there wasn't people on, and it has failed miserably. Let ?go base have set damage on bursts, and let pubs have random damage.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
                Give bursts random damage. - This is how it used to be, personally I don't like random damage in anything cause I think it adds an element of luck into what I think should be as much a game of skill as possible
                Right, because making sure that three way bouncing balls, which has each one continuing to exist when any of the others hit, are always instant death ensures the employment and maximum requirement of skill by the player using them in order to get any kills and does not promote kills from this weapon ending up being luckwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
                sage

Comment

Sweet i gotta say those changes would completely ruin the whole game so it would be better to shut up. Nothing personal..
                  -Kawrae

Comment

Weasel*

Warbird, Javelin, Spider, Terrier & Shark need to be left alone.
                    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

I agree with the levi changes proposed by Sweet. The current amount of repels is perfect and I'd rather see shrap instead of emp for bombs. I'd also like to see the big Weasel back.

The rest of the ships are good as they are (for now).
                      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                      -Buddha

Comment

I remember that. Those settings would be cool to see. Even if they were just for a weekend.
                        Last edited by Sweet; 09-27-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Giving levis all that shit will make them too powerful - they'll be a gay novelty at first and we'll have 20-25 levis in pubs and then people will think they're good at them because levis can finally dodge and will use them all the time; it's interesting that the same people that bitch about being TKed by javs are so much in favour of this levi bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet View Post
                            Ok well it seems that ppl will not rest until current/classic pub settings are completely turned inside out. That having been said... here is my idea of a different style of public warfare.

• Allow Jav to purchase stealth and decoys

• Give bursts random damage.
                            • Allow terr to green/buy portals up to 2 at a time.

• Change multifire pattern to a 3 shot... like the weasle.

WEASEL

Comment

Working...
                            X