Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd-rw problem

hey guys

my comp was fine and i could read and record cd-rw, but now every time i try to read a cd my comp just reboots.

its weird and its not windows, because when its starting after the reboot and the pc reads the drive it reboots again and again till i remove the cd.

Any tips ?
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

make sure its connected all good

Comment

Are your running XP SP2?

Is this only with a CD-RW? CDR's are ok?

If your not getting the error message, you may want go to system Properties (hold down the Windows key and press the pause/break key ) Go to Advanced, then Startup and Recovery then Settings. Un- check the box next to " Automatically Restart " Now XP will not reboot and you can get the " STOP " error code.

Any new programs you may be running, such as a firewall or any new security software?

Once you get the error code, it will give you a better idea as to what your cause of problem is.

GL
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

If it reboots before Windows starts at all it's the CD drive. It means you need to stop putting pop tarts in your computer. It doesn't work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
          Are your running XP SP2?

Is this only with a CD-RW? CDR's are ok?

If your not getting the error message, you may want go to system Properties (hold down the Windows key and press the pause/break key ) Go to Advanced, then Startup and Recovery then Settings. Un- check the box next to " Automatically Restart " Now XP will not reboot and you can get the " STOP " error code.

Any new programs you may be running, such as a firewall or any new security software?

Once you get the error code, it will give you a better idea as to what your cause of problem is.

GL
          Yes ive go xp sp2

but the problem aint windows, if i put a cd when micro is starting up, it just reboots alone, and keep rebooting every time initialization reads the cd drive
          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
            Yes ive go xp sp2

but the problem aint windows, if i put a cd when micro is starting up, it just reboots alone, and keep rebooting every time initialization reads the cd drive
            I am just curious as to what the error message is. If you apply the steps as noted in the sytems properties it should stop the reboot and give you the error message as to why, be it a ram or cr-rom problem.

If that is not working, then it could very well be your CD player/recorder itself. Does it only happen with a CD-RW? CDR's ar ok?
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

lol this game is older than cd-rw

Comment

Working...
              X