• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikrit's Thoughts

Reset right after playoffs.
    One month to get ranked.
    32 player playoffs for each league.
    One week to duel before DuelBot picks the more active player.
    Repeat.

What do you guys think about picking up the pace a little bit with TWEL? It seems like the season starts off with a lot of duels then a week later there is no one dueling. Do you guys think you'd play more if you knew there was only 1 month to get in the top 32 to make playoffs?
    Ban Ikrit

I think would be better if there would be only 1 month to qualify for playoffs,like you said its active for while then it dies when people think they are ranked enough high or something.
    (Paradise)>dj sage
    (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
    1: Dynasty> LOL
    1:vue> LOL
    1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

I believe it only needs a little bit of advertizing.

Some players forget about dueling, and a lot of players don't read these forums.

Be it a month or 2 weeks, if it stays in peoples minds they will duel more, and more competition from the higher positions will occur.

Reminding them that it may only be 64 players, or 32 players that will get into the playoffs will help the situation even more, at least for the parts of players who want to get into the playoffs. (I got an opponent:Phizey, who turned out he didn't even want to get to the playoffs so he's not dueling me even though I'm his opponent)

EDIT: There could also be a different form than signing up just for TWEL.

The ones that would want to get to TWEL playoffs should sign up to the DuelBot separately, so the website would pick those 32/64/128 players from the ladder of separately-signed-up-for-playoffs players. Although this will require more work from you.
      3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
      3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
      3:i.d.> da fk is that?
      3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
      3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
      3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
      3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
      3:Shadowmere> LOL
      3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
      Shadowmere> Rofl
      Up in ya !> With his feet
      Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
      Up in ya !> l44t feet
      Deft> l44t f44t*
      Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
      Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
        I believe it only needs a little bit of advertizing.

Some players forget about dueling, and a lot of players don't read these forums.

Be it a month or 2 weeks, if it stays in peoples minds they will duel more, and more competition from the higher positions will occur.

Reminding them that it may only be 64 players, or 32 players that will get into the playoffs will help the situation even more, at least for the parts of players who want to get into the playoffs. (I got an opponent:Phizey, who turned out he didn't even want to get to the playoffs so he's not dueling me even though I'm his opponent)

EDIT: There could also be a different form than signing up just for TWEL.

The ones that would want to get to TWEL playoffs should sign up to the DuelBot separately, so the website would pick those 32/64/128 players from the ladder of separately-signed-up-for-playoffs players. Although this will require more work from you.
        Well I kind of agree with you about that people forget it. We all probably have noticed when someone is having a streak then people start to show up (like 5-15), but after Twel qualification been going for month, someone streaks and like one or two people show up so Im just saying advertizing wont help after month imo.
        You need to make it harder to qualify or something.
        (Paradise)>dj sage

Comment

Originally posted by Shan View Post
          Well I kind of agree with you about that people forget it. We all probably have noticed when someone is having a streak then people start to show up (like 5-15), but after Twel qualification been going for month, someone streaks and like one or two people show up so Im just saying advertizing wont help after month imo.
          You need to make it harder to qualify or something.
          As far as it went, people were dueling when it was advertised, before the bot died few times again. Advertising does work but it needs to be done continually.

EDIT: And mentioning that TWEL playoffs are coming soon, so players who want to participate in it should start dueling their way up in the ladder.
          3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
          3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.

Shadowmere> Rofl
          Up in ya !> l44t feet
          Deft> l44t f44t*
          Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

Well yeah good advertizing "Are you in TWEL playoffs, if not ?go duel" something like that should be good. I only dueled when I saw new season starting or if someone was having streak but after month like I said before I dont even bother going there when someone is streaking cause usually I am enough well ranked. So I think it should be more difficult to get in the playoffs so people would actually play it more.
            (Paradise)>dj sage

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit View Post
              32 player playoffs for each league.
              This would make the competition tighter and more players playing to get the spots as I mentioned. You might've been well enough ranked when there was 128 players getting into the playoffs but with 32 there'll gonna be a thousand times harder time to get in there.

Ikrit, for the few weeks before playoffs, I think atleast the duel arena would be crowded by players, and you would be able to play against the hardest and top ranked players as well to have the chance to get most points possible. I think with a week or few before the playoffs, it'd work very nicely.

Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes

Comment

That 32 players to playoffs sounds fine, makes competition bit more harder and I hope everyone wont just play against new players :P
                (Paradise)>dj sage

Comment

well, i like the dueling. but i dont like the playoff games to 20... effin silly

so in short, if i make the playoffs, i will play it for a bit then proceed to jerk off onto my keyboard

that is all

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

More adverts and a smaller season would be good. People stop playing becuase there is no set time for the season to start. Also maybe a little bump to winners would be good. Maybe a special part of the site for like top 5-10 ppl of each league in each season, which shows their duels, streaks etc.
                    Indulgence

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                      More adverts and a smaller season would be good. People stop playing becuase there is no set time for the season to start. Also maybe a little bump to winners would be good. Maybe a special part of the site for like top 5-10 ppl of each league in each season, which shows their duels, streaks etc.
                      Yeah I think I was heading to this lol :P heh sounds really good.
                      (Paradise)>dj sage

Comment

What about making it so there were no set matches in the playoffs? Just a pool of players who could challenge whoever they wanted that was in the same round as them. That way people wouldn't be stuck playing people in completely different time zones.
                        Ban Ikrit

Comment

What about making it so there were no set matches in the playoffs? Just a pool of players who could challenge whoever they wanted that was in the same round as them. That way people wouldn't be stuck playing people in completely different time zones.
                          Then players would just wait that easier opponent comes online and they wanna duel him, Would be fun though could straight to attack the toughest players B)
                          (Paradise)>dj sage

Comment

Originally posted by Shan View Post
                            Then players would just wait that easier opponent comes online and they wanna duel him, Would be fun though could straight to attack the toughest players B)
                            Wouldn't matter, the best players would always come out on top. And I could have the bot send out a mass pm to all players, get all the people that can play to respond, and then randomly create matches.
                            Ban Ikrit

Comment

Wouldn't matter, the best players would always come out on top. And I could have the bot send out a mass pm to all players, get all the people that can play to respond, and then randomly create matches.
                              Atleast Im open minded. I think you could try it, just remember to do that 1 month time to qualify.
                              (Paradise)>dj sage

Comment

Working...
                              X