TW Radar problems - Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Radar problems - Windows Vista

I have TW working perfect on Vista and have encountered only one problem dealing with the Radar.

Seems that the Radar works fine, as I can set the radar as transparent, invivisble and all the settings that deal with Radar, but I cannot see any ships on the radar.

I will have to play w/o radar for now...no big deal. Just pointing out this problem I seem to have.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

strange, works fine for me. that sucks dude i love radar shots
    Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
    1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
    Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
    caco <ER>> )Oo
    caco <ER>> bot thief!
    caco <ER>> duel me for it
    Evasive <E> no!
    Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

I am thinking it may be my video card at this point. I can somewhat see myself when sitting in the safe zones blinking and if I leave, my spot vanishes.

i love the radar shots as well...especially when on the roof.

I can see them when in 32 bit mode, but my ship looks tie-dyed vomit until I drop it back to 16.

Comment

i play in 32 bit just fine too lol. what kinda video card? vista is rly important to have correct drivers
        Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
        1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
        Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
        caco <ER>> )Oo
        caco <ER>> bot thief!
        caco <ER>> duel me for it
        Evasive <E> no!
        Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

It's an Nvidea Geforce 5000 series, using Vista drivers as default.

I will eventually replace it...was looking at the 7950 GT...found one from someone looking sell some parts for some quick money...gotta love tax season Direct X 9...not 10...but the 8000 series cards cost an arm and leg!

[EDIT] Vista Drivers are out for the 6000 & 7000 series cards...would explain my 5000 not getting the full picture so to say.

Just found a BFG GeForce 8800 GTS for $325 free shipping...hmmmm not bad considering most go for over $400 - $500+
          Last edited by 404 Not Found; 02-12-2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Fix for radar problems with vista:

Load up continuum
            View > Advanced Options (Ctrl-a)
            Make sure 'Software Emulation' is checked located on the bottom left.

That's all I ended up having to do to fix mine. Hopefully it works for everyone else. Good luck!

Comment

Worked like a charm! Thanks

Comment

Nice. I'll add that to the FAQ then.

BTW that should only be a temporary fix, though. Hopefully it's fixed with future drivers or something.
                sdg

Comment

Actually, I just thought of something. Would you try going into that same menu, disabloe software emulation, and check "System Radar" in the top box labelled "Force into system memory"? This might be a better way of solving the problem.
                  sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                    Actually, I just thought of something. Would you try going into that same menu, disabloe software emulation, and check "System Radar" in the top box labelled "Force into system memory"? This might be a better way of solving the problem.
                    I had tried that before the software emulation. Didn't work.

The radar was always visible...the only thing not visible was the ships on the radar. Simple fix was the Software Emulation.

Comment

It's not drivers issue just something with Vista in general since I got a 7950GT with up to date drivers already and it still doesn't work without the software emulation option checked.
                      Izor> euros have hot accents but you still talk funny :P
                      Izor> and youre a stupid nebwie
                      AngelGirl> I know <3
                      AngelGirl> but you still <3 me
                      Izor> ROFL

pee pee so> ur name make no cents kid, pick a knew one wow ur stoopid
                      pee pee socK> im top 10 wb in tw

(paradise)>hey deluge said he wants to have kids with u

Comment

Working...
                      X