Lef 4 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lef 4 Dead

Here's the scenario- Virus runs through the population, turning almost everyone into zombie, blood-lusting psychopaths. You can either play as an infected zombie, or as a human. If you play as a human, you are one of the "lucky" few that is immune to the virus, and with 3 other survivors you have to make your way to safety.

The four human characters are:

The tattooed biker.

The grizzled veteran.

The hapless store manager.

The rich girl.

If you play as one of the infected, you are a zombie "boss" with awesome powers, and your goal is to kill the last surviving humans. Each boss plays differently- you have a fat one that explodes when he dies, and vomits some kind of shit that attracts zombies like mad (vomit on a human and watch him get gang-raped), a really fucking fast and agile zombie (think Alien), one that has a long, huge tongue that can be used to snatch or strangle, and lastly a huge mofo dubbed the "tank", which is good at wrecking shit.

http://www.L4D.com

These aren't slow zombies and you aren't trying to barricade yourself in some building and hold out; these bastards are fast as shit and will swarm you in no time at all. There is no specific spawning point either, they will never come out of the same place twice and they will dodge your bullets.

It's a co-op game and you need to rely on your team mates- if you stray from the group and try to act like you're Rambo, you will get your shit ruined. Online play? Yes. Max number of players? 8.

Why only 8? Because along with 4 zombie bosses to worry about, the human players will also have to deal with the hordes and hordes of zombies coming out of the woodwork- it also helps enhance the mood of those 4 people really being SOL. You'll be able to hold 2 weapons, a health pack, and your choice of grenade- either a Molotov cocktail, or a pipe bomb. Ontop of all this good news, it's being made with that Valve polish. Loved Half-Life 2? Can't wait for Episode 2, or Gears of War 2? Let this hold you over for awhile.

When is it coming out? Summer 2007, get ready to kill some zombies.

Preview-

http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg1.php

Youtube Preview-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DszbClTh0k8

Ninja Edit- It's going to be a FPS, coming to the PC and 360. Enjoy.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

The maps will be kept fresh by randomly spawning the zombies in different areas at different times to keep you on your toes for each instance you play. It won't be the same old "Walk past here, Zombie A and B bust thru Window C".

Another thing to note is the game I think is gonna be online only. Or at least, I can only see this being fun online. I have no clue what the offline component will be. I suppose it'll be the same thing with bots.

This new HL2 Mod is kinda like that, actually. : http://www.fileplanet.com/176333/170...ie-Master-v1.0

Good game to download in preparation for this.
    DELETED

Comment

Why would this be online only?

Only fun online? I know myself and 3 of my buddies are going to play the shit out of this game, can't wait for it and Army of Two
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I digress.

Would only be fun with other human opponents in an offline, split screen action, or offline lan experience. I don't see this being all that fun solo, that's all. I know it won't affect most of us, but I do see it hurting it's mass market appeal, that's all.
        DELETED

Comment

Working...
        X