Windows XP - Folders problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP - Folders problems.

Okey, whenever I open up for example "This Computer" it looks like this. Same thing happens with other folders that I try to open. Sometimes the folderwindows just freezes also..
    What do you thing can cause it?

Also, just noticed when I tried to Start Menu -> Run, nothing happens. The Run window doesn't show.
    The Startmenu doesnt freeze but you can't click anywhere on it because it doesn't mark in blue where you cruise with your mouse. I can open and close the startmenu. Wierd...

Waited 5 mins and now the Run window came up.

As much as I'd love to offer my input Emaho, I just look at that avatar and can't take you seriously :/

PS: I actually have no fucking clue, can you get far enough to check for viruses and shit? :P
    9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
    9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
    9:Basti> sure
    9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
    9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
    9:Basti> i'll score
    9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
    9:Basti> and take the flag
    9:Inaphyt> ROFL
    9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Reboot

Comment

Ctrl-Alt-Del, bring up Task Manager, go to Processes tab, see which process is stealing all of your CPU clock cycles (you can sort the CPU column by clicking on the header).

Comment

Networked drives....remove them.

Add a shortcut in My Network Places instead if you need access to them.

Comment

Sounds like something is hogging your resources in a major way.

Have you already ran scans for virii/spyware? Do you routinely clean the dust out the inside of your case with canned air? Have you physically uninstalled and reinstalled your memory sticks lately, and sprayed out the connections with canned air? Do you routinely defrag and run disk cleanup? Do you have very, very little free space on your hard drive? What info did Ephe's suggestion yield?

Comment

yeah i used to have this problem, it was SVCHOST taking up my cpu, i you do find that it is SVCHOST (find it by using ctrl+alt+del then processes) then you turn off automatic updates and delete softwaredistribution and windows server 2003 i think these are found in c:windows somewhere. Anbd if you jsut end the svchost process you will find a loss of sound.
              Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

Great it worked! But it I got this virus now instead. And Norton just warns about it all the time but can't remove it.. Maybe Spyware doctor can? gsdkögljdasölkgsdgölzl

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
                  Great it worked! But it I got this virus now instead. And Norton just warns about it all the time but can't remove it.. Maybe Spyware doctor can? gsdkögljdasölkgsdgölzl
                  yeah ok i think its a virus that attaches it self to different files in core system, Deep scan it see if you can fix it gl
                  Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

first off, shoot yourself for having norton...then after you stop the bleeding go and download this http://www.download.com/3000-2239_4-10695030.html

or this one
                    http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-E...ml?tag=lst-0-2

deep scan it, and you're fine.

Comment

Naw got this new virus throug this crack i downloaded from the wrong page. Yeah, pretty stupid... Security Center pop up virus. God..... I have to use HiJackThis and send logs to nerd forums..

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                        first off, shoot yourself for having norton...then after you stop the bleeding go and download this http://www.download.com/3000-2239_4-10695030.html

or this one
                        http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-E...ml?tag=lst-0-2

deep scan it, and you're fine.
                        still....these 2 FREE antivruses are better than the norton THAT COSTS MONEY..

Comment

Comment

Money is right avast is good and better than Norton, when i had this problem i did the firs bit and got rid of the virus using avast

Comment

Working...
                            X